Light Structure Sites

There's a Sprint 3G site at a park about 5 miles or so from me. LTE became live in the nearby areas of this site, but no LTE at this site. I've also noticed no further than 500 ft, there were antennas on a light post which was located on the walkway outside of the park fence.

As for this tall light structure, I'm pretty sure many here seen something like this before, and some may not. How does a structure like this work, and do the antennas play a role?

http://db.tt/vNMUC1qm

• Like 1

I am a little confused by the question; but i'll take a stab at it.  The "stealth site" pictured is most likely only for a very condensed area such as the park & neighborhood in the background.  The painted antennas are on a different light post you say? 

If they cannot fit the RRU, they will ground mount them. This site will get LTE. Locate the cabinet and see if any work has been done. There is a park 1 mile from my house, they replaced new antennas on the light structure but RRU was mounted next to the cabinet. It is not stealth so I guess it varies from city to city. If the city wanted it stealth, then Sprint would make it stealth to get it approved. I guess it is cheaper if not stealth.

• Like 1

I am a little confused by the question; but i'll take a stab at it.  The "stealth site" pictured is most likely only for a very condensed area such as the park & neighborhood in the background.  The painted antennas are on a different light post you say?

Yes the antennas are on a different light post. If you look at pic #6 in the pic, its located behind the try on the left on the other side of the fence.

If they cannot fit the RRU, they will ground mount them. This site will get LTE. Locate the cabinet and see if any work has been done. There is a park 1 mile from my house, they replaced new antennas on the light structure but RRU was mounted next to the cabinet. It is not stealth so I guess it varies from city to city. If the city wanted it stealth, then Sprint would make it stealth to get it approved. I guess it is cheaper if not stealth.

Makes sense. I seen 2 cabinets along the walkway, and nothing was there to show work being done.

Check this one out in south east San Diego. It is on a light structure in a park and if they wanted it stealth they can just cover it up.  Most likely the people in the neighborhood won't be complaining.  This site is NV completed but probably waiting on fiber before LTE goes live.

Ground mounted site because RRU probably couldn't be mounted.

QA32Rhdl.jpg 9Xps39Fl.jpgmsvGW4y.jpg

• Like 2

There's a Sprint 3G site at a park about 5 miles or so from me. LTE became live in the nearby areas of this site, but no LTE at this site. I've also noticed no further than 500 ft, there were antennas on a light post which was located on the walkway outside of the park fence.

As for this tall light structure, I'm pretty sure many here seen something like this before, and some may not. How does a structure like this work, and do the antennas play a role?

http://db.tt/vNMUC1qm

This is starting to become much more common.  I'm starting to see omnidirectional antennas on top of telephone polls in my neighborhood.  They are very stealth looking.

I'll snap some pics later and share.

• Like 1