WiMax vs. LTE

mhammett

A hybrid technology is what comes next. Its better than Wimax for fixed wireless and performance like LTe A for mobile.

Do you have any links to work being done on this hybrid, or does it not exist yet?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Do you have any links to work being done on this hybrid, or does it not exist yet?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The only "links" were for testing, if you catch my drift.

No links with a URL

Also most sites will have a fiber circuit, so even though the air link capacity is several times that of traditional microwave capacity I suspect the main advantage comes from accelerated deployment capabilities and redundancy. The setup most closely follows protocol for LTE -A and will feature up to 18 RRU's per site.

The only "links" were for testing, if you catch my drift.

No links with a URL

Also most sites will have a fiber circuit, so even though the air link capacity is several times that of traditional microwave capacity I suspect the main advantage comes from accelerated deployment capabilities and redundancy. The setup most closely follows protocol for LTE -A and will feature up to 18 RRU's per site.

That's a lot of RRU's!! I thought I read here at S4GRU that there were several Sprint sites in which the supporting structure could not support RRU's mounted behind the panels (due to the additional weight and, drag produced in heavy winds). As a result, these select Sprint sites were forced to ground mount the RRU's.  I would think with the 18 RRU's per site this technology requires, more of these type of problems would result. 

That's a lot of RRU's!! I thought I read here at S4GRU that there were several Sprint sites in which the supporting structure could not support RRU's mounted behind the panels (due to the additional weight and, drag produced in heavy winds). As a result, these select Sprint sites were forced to ground mount the RRU's.  I would think with the 18 RRU's per site this technology requires, more of these type of problems would result.

The mounting will be as wind load effective as possible. In situations where the tower owner feels the weight is excessive higher lease agreements will be arranged. Insuring the tower structure and your equipment is always advised

A "low traffic" site can run on 4-6 rrrus.

Ground mounting the rru will only save me 12-20 pounds in total weight. A loaded site will have around 100 pounds of equipment