The 20mhz/40mhz 2.4ghz/5.8.ghz wifi thread

rf40928

No it is in the fcc and ntia regs on frequency allocation

No, you are misreading something because the cited 6 MHz stat does not correspond to reality.

Wi-Fi channelization in the ISM 2.4 GHz band is 5 MHz.  But this thread is about Wi-Fi carrier bandwidth, not Wi-Fi channelization.  And Wi-Fi carrier bandwidth is 20 MHz for 802.11b and 16.25 MHz for 802.11g/n.  So, each carrier takes up several channels -- the reason why 802.11b/g/n network congestion is a problem.

AJ

I guess you want me to bring up the US band plan on 2.4 Ghz again where it says in plain detail that wifi only holds 66 mhz of that band in 11 channels and or is secondary to primary users of that frequency

I guess you want me to bring up the US band plan on 2.4 Ghz again where it says in plain detail that wifi only holds 66 mhz of that band in 11 channels and or is secondary to primary users of that frequency

Again, you are misreading the numbers.  The range for channels 1-11 is 2401-2473 MHz.  That 72 MHz divided by 11 channels is 6.55 MHz.  But you cannot simply do that math, as it represents nothing in reality.  As I have accurately stated, channel spacing is actually 5 MHz, while carrier bandwidth is either 20 MHz or 16.25 MHz, causing many overlapping carriers.

AJ

Now go look up fcc part 90 rules especially on wifi.

I am familiar with Part 90.  It is hundreds of pages long.  I am not doing the digging for you.  If you want to persist with this 6 MHz claim that flies in the face of channelization and occupied bandwidth in actual use, then you need to produce the info.

AJ