No Contract Plans

Yeah, they launched Sprint prepaid for people with poor credit who can't qualify for a postpaid sprint plan yet still want the premium Sprint experience (vs. a prepaid carrier like Virgin or Boost).

Sprint As You Go is actually a postpaid plan. It just has no contract. Unlike prepaid, you don't have to pay for your first month of service when you get the phone. There's no "minutes cards". You get a bill via email, and you pay it, just like everyone else. You can be covered under sprint's Total Equipment Protection, etc.

It's interesting to note that, due to the inclusion of unlimited everything (including minutes), you're getting the "Simply Everything" plan, normally $109.99, for $70. You still don't get unlimited roaming, of course.

Sprint As You Go is actually a postpaid plan. It just has no contract. Unlike prepaid, you don't have to pay for your first month of service when you get the phone. There's no "minutes cards". You get a bill via email, and you pay it, just like everyone else. You can be covered under sprint's Total Equipment Protection, etc.

It's interesting to note that, due to the inclusion of unlimited everything (including minutes), you're getting the "Simply Everything" plan, normally $109.99, for $70. You still don't get unlimited roaming, of course.

Interesting to note that you don't have to prepay. On my T-Mobile account, it's autopay but prepay.

I wonder why they don't make customers prepay? They could sign up with no credit and get a free month of service, over and over again?

Interesting to note that you don't have to prepay. On my T-Mobile account, it's autopay but prepay.

I wonder why they don't make customers prepay? They could sign up with no credit and get a free month of service, over and over again?

Who knows? I would guess that eventually your account gets flagged or something. Or, you know, you'd lose your phone number because the account attached to that # now has a running balance that you'd have to pay. Or that perhaps the phone itself is flagged as from a non-pay account so you have to buy a new phone every time, mitigating any possible gain. This is all just speculation, but it all seems likely from what I've seen with postpaid accounts.

Even though sprint doesn't ask your social when one of these accounts is set up it will still pull up old customer accounts based on the name or address. I had a guy want this last week but couldn't sell to him because he had an account with the same name and address that owed money.

These no contract accounts get set up exactly line a normal account except the rep puts all 9s for the social and puts in a pay as you discount code in instead of an employer discount or credit union discount.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

what is this credit union discount?

Any credit union member gets 10% off a month and no activation fees. It's the most common discount people get from what i have seen.

Another interesting point is that (at least on their website), there are only 2 phones available for their $70, no contract plan.

I wonder why its not updated. Stores have the optimus elite, galaxy victory, galaxy 2 and iphone 4 for no contact $70 a month.

I wonder why its not updated. Stores have the optimus elite, galaxy victory, galaxy 2 and iphone 4 for no contact $70 a month.

But no GS3 or iPhone 5?

From what i can tell sprint just took phones that really dont sell and slapped a new sku barcode sticker on the side.

The iPhone 4 for free on contract has been one of our top sellers for several months.