Hello from Central Mississippi!

Conan Kudo

Yeah, yeah, I'm totally late on the "welcome" topic! But better late than never, I say...

I've lurked for a couple of years, but I signed up last year because of... things.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to finding out more about Sprint's network. Hopefully some of that trickles my way...

Too many bulldogs around here, though... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

:welc:

Glad to see you've already found your way around here. The water cooler is in the back. We hang out there a lot, but we only stock Sprint Lemon Kool Aid in it.

Come Neal, drink the Kool Aid. ;)

Robert

Welcome to the site, I occasionally sneak a case of blue moon in.

Oh, so you were the one who left behind all those empty bottles. You know, we have a glass recycling bin right next to the vending machine in The Lounge.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

:welc:

Glad to see you've already found your way around here. The water cooler is in the back. We hang out there a lot, but we only stock Sprint Lemon Kool Aid in it.

Robert

The Kool Aid is soooo tempting! But... I JUST DON'T KNOW! :P

Welcome to the site, I occasionally sneak a case of blue moon in.

I'll be sure to stay clear of that. The result of me drinking alcohol would probably not be too pretty... :(

• Like 1

And a big HELLO from Hattiesburg to you. Another member from the obesit- AHEM hospitality state is a welcome addition. There are very few of us :)

Indeed. Unsurprising, given how much revulsion a lot of people I've met have for Sprint here. It used to be that way for T-Mobile too, but that's changing (slowly). I look forward to seeing if Network Vision will improve Sprint's reputation here.

But Hattiesburg...? You're very nearly a coastie! Hopefully, you aren't like the coasties! :P

Where I am, the area might as well be splashed in maroon with bulldogs running around everywhere... ;)

When is it again that our boat leaves for Guyana?

AJ

• Like 1

Indeed. Unsurprising, given how much revulsion a lot of people I've met have for Sprint here. It used to be that way for T-Mobile too, but that's changing (slowly). I look forward to seeing if Network Vision will improve Sprint's reputation here.

But Hattiesburg...? You're very nearly a coastie! Hopefully, you aren't like the coasties! :P

Where I am, the area might as well be splashed in maroon with bulldogs running around everywhere... ;)

Hahaha the things said about those MS coast people once you get north of Jackson... I was a military kid, so I am not farm fed or magnolia braised. My family is from the coast, but i'm not the devil lol.

Sprint's reputation will improve only marginally due to NV in its current incarnation. The majority of the people using the network here now are low income or prepaid. Cspire is also the biggest detractor of rural expansion. Its way cheaper for Sprint to allow preferred 3G roaming on Cspire than it is for Sprint to try to compete in a majority rural state.

I once was required to bleed maroon, white, and gray, but that's been a very long time ago, now, and cell phones were still not generally handheld, at least for most of the population. I can't imagine how much the proliferation of technology has changed things, there.

• Like 1

Hahaha the things said about those MS coast people once you get north of Jackson... I was a military kid, so I am not farm fed or magnolia braised. My family is from the coast, but i'm not the devil lol.

Sprint's reputation will improve only marginally due to NV in its current incarnation. The majority of the people using the network here now are low income or prepaid. Cspire is also the biggest detractor of rural expansion. Its way cheaper for Sprint to allow preferred 3G roaming on Cspire than it is for Sprint to try to compete in a majority rural state.

Well, good on you. Unfortunately, the coasties I've met up here tend to live up to the stereotypes (which sucks, but oh well).

As for NV and C Spire, I could definitely see that. Considering that C Spire and Sprint have been working hand in hand for a few years now, I'm not surprised. I also suspect that C Spire is using the same equipment Sprint uses in ALU markets for the state. I'm surprised that the newly announced roaming is only one-way, though. Sprint customers cannot roam on C Spire's LTE network, despite being a band 25 5MHz FDD network. :(

I once was required to bleed maroon, white, and gray, but that's been a very long time ago, now, and cell phones were still not generally handheld, at least for most of the population. I can't imagine how much the proliferation of technology has changed things, there.

Well, I'm bleeding maroon here... I wonder how long it will take to stop bleeding maroon once I leave? :P

Well, I'm bleeding maroon here... I wonder how long it will take to stop bleeding maroon once I leave? :P

I don't think you every truly stop, it just gets watered down a good bit!

I've been called a maroon. Does that qualify me for Miss residency? :)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I like maroon... just of a different variety. Saluki maroon. :)

Of course you do.... <_<

I've been called a maroon. Does that qualify me for Miss residency? :)

Perhaps... It's pretty awesome here, anyway! :tu: Well... Except in July. The weather sucks in July. :td:

Does that qualify me for Miss residency? :)

Qualify you for the crown or just for the pageant?

:P

AJ

Qualify you for the crown or just for the pageant?

:P

AJ

More like Crown Royal...

More like Crown Royal...

"Oh, there she is, Miss Residency..."

Wait a minute, I think she is drunk.

AJ

:lol::rofl:

Well, good, I thought that my joke had fallen flat. I was going to try this one next:

Miss Residency? Who the heck is that? The young, pretty MD at the hospital?

AJ

Well, good, I thought that my joke had fallen flat. I was going to try this one next:

Miss Residency? Who the heck is that? The young, pretty MD at the hospital?

AJ

Ehh.... :td:

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Was in Red Hook again and I swear there are as many Link5G sites as there are reserved small cells from franchisees in the entire neighborhood. It seemed like every other street I turned down had one installed. Hopefully carriers will start hopping on them soon. Seems like a lot of effort to go through for no one to use them. — — — — — T-Mobile converted the Sprint site on top of NYU Langone Brooklyn in Sunset Park. I first mapped one sector of it back in November 2023 but I thought it was a small cell so I never pinned it but I ran into another sector today which caught me off guard. I'm unable to find a permit for the conversion so it's definitely a surprise. There's another T-Mobile site 1 block away that T-Mobile initially installed back in 2019 so I'm kinda surprised they're keeping both considering the Sprint conversion is on a much taller building and coule potentially provide much better coverage to the entire area. 
    • Still not seeing any ULS postings for pending T-Mobile UScellular merger in Dane county Wisconsin.
    • Came across another Crown Castle Solutions multi-tenant oDAS node in Brooklyn. Located at 40.7002286, -73.9612666. Nothing on T-Mobile or AT&T so I'm assuming these are all Verizon nodes that Crown Castle is anticipating another carrier will hop on down the line.
    • Same with factory unlocked
    • June security update is out (S22U TMO)