May be leaving Sprint soon

smorcy11

If ATT seems attractive to you and you can live with a low bucket of data, pick up a new number and ATT and give it a spin for a few days. Be sure to do it within 1.5-2 weeks or less from the end of you sprint billing cycle. You could be in one of the areas where ATT has built out and has capacity, or you could be in an area of strained capacity. Some people report fantastic call quality on ATT, others (like where I am) have a gargled , hissing call dropping mess.

Should you decide not to stay with ATT, they're going to hit you for the activation fee and a month of service still... for that reason, you could always try the ATT network via a prepaid provider.

From what I can tell, they have an excellent network here in Raleigh. Couple guys at work have it, and get great 4G speeds in the office, when I am barely getting 3G.

From what I can tell, they have an excellent network here in Raleigh. Couple guys at work have it, and get great 4G speeds in the office, when I am barely getting 3G.

The great thing about S4GRU is that it advocates users to go with the network that best suites their needs, regardless of it being a Sprint site. As you already probably know, you can pick up 4GB to share on ATT for $70 while each smartphone would cost you $40 a piece. 2 smartphones puts you at $150 a month before taxes vs. Sprints $149.99 before taxes. If 4GB will meet your needs and ATT's network is great, give it a go.

Do keep in mind that AT&T's network in Raleigh is GSM/W-CDMA 1900 + LTE 700. So, unlike most other markets where AT&T holds Cellular 850 MHz spectrum, all voice and fallback data in Raleigh operate over PCS 1900 MHz spectrum -- the same as with Sprint. So, unless AT&T has a much greater site density in Raleigh, overall coverage across the metro should be similar to that of Sprint.

AJ

• Like 2

Do keep in mind that AT&T's network in Raleigh is GSM/W-CDMA 1900 + LTE 700. So, unlike most other markets where AT&T holds Cellular 850 MHz spectrum, all voice and fallback data in Raleigh operate over PCS 1900 MHz spectrum -- the same as with Sprint. So, unless AT&T has a much greater site density in Raleigh, overall coverage across the metro should be similar to that of Sprint.

AJ

I wok within range of a 4G tower, but the signal stops when I go inside the building. My buddy has AT&T and runs consistent 20/10 mb speeds when I can barely get 3G.

I wok within range of a 4G tower, but the signal stops when I go inside the building. My buddy has AT&T and runs consistent 20/10 mb speeds when I can barely get 3G.

That is LTE 700 data, which is completely independent of GSM/W-CDMA 1900 voice and data.

I am not trying to sell you on Sprint. But if you are using LTE 700 data inside one building as your litmus test, that is a hasty generalization. You may be in for a rude awakening with AT&T GSM/W-CDMA 1900 voice and data in that same location and elsewhere, not to mention AT&T voice quality.

AJ

Well, Me. I'd resign the contract. With NV, sprint will jump up a spot.. hopefully

People, listen and learn. Sprint is not your favorite college or pro team.

If your ego requires "you" to be in first or second place, then just get it over with and sign up with VZW or AT&T. The current rankings are not going to change anytime soon. Unless Sprint successfully acquires T-Mobile, no, Sprint will not usurp VZW or AT&T for that second place spot. Network Vision will not make that much difference.

AJ

Why does it even matter what place they are? As long as they are a successful company and I'm satisfied with my service I could care less what "rank" they are.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 7

People, listen and learn. Sprint is not your favorite college or pro team.

If your ego requires "you" to be in first or second place, then just get it over with and sign up with VZW or AT&T. The current rankings are not going to change anytime soon. Unless Sprint successfully acquires T-Mobile, no, Sprint will not usurp VZW or AT&T for that second place spot. Network Vision will not make that much difference.

AJ

For me, where i live. you have no idea how big of a difference NV has changed here.
  • Like 1

For me, where i live. you have no idea how big of a difference NV has changed here.

Ft. Wayne is one of Sprint's most spectrum challenged markets. Network Vision and LTE would make more of a difference there than almost anywhere else.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Ft. Wayne is one of Sprint's most spectrum challenged markets. Network Vision and LTE would make more of a difference there than almost anywhere else.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

What do you mean "spectrum challenged".

But I know that, usually every tower I've come across. There's like 4 carriers on each tower. I think I've seen 2 with only one carrier. Like the one I posted about, it's huge and sprints the only one

But I know that, usually every tower I've come across. There's like 4 carriers on each tower. I think I've seen 2 with only one carrier. Like the one I posted about, it's huge and sprints the only one

Up until Network Vision, Sprint only had 10MHz to deploy CDMA (1x and EVDO) on in the Ft. Wayne market. That is what I mean by spectrum challenged. In Network Vision, Sprint has been able to deploy LTE on another 10MHz (the PCS G Block). Additionally, Sprint has recently purchased more spectrum from US Cellular that will allow them to deploy more in Ft. Wayne in the future as needed. Both additional 3G EVDO carriers and LTE. This was not possible in the past.

Robert

You know what it means to be poor, right? Well, if spectrum were money, Sprint in Fort Wayne would have been working a minimum wage job, riding the bus because it has no car, and living in a crappy apartment.

;)

AJ

You know what it means to be poor, right? Well, if spectrum were money, Sprint in Fort Wayne would have been working a minimum wage job, riding the bus because it has no car, and living in a crappy apartment.

;)

AJ

damn lol. That's one hell of a way to put and it made me understand :P. thanks sir.

Lol 1 year ago today. I know the apartment complex where I live, where in between two towers, literally. the nearest towers almost 2 miles away. I knew 5 people who had sprint, they never stopped complaining about how bad the service was here. xD Oh well

;)

AJ

Hmmm, what if you don't work a minimum wage job, but still ride the bus and live in a crappy apartment?

Hmmm, what if you don't work a minimum wage job, but still ride the bus and live in a crappy apartment?

Yes, Deval, but you live in the NYC metro. This is Fort Wayne we are talking about. The poor in Fort Wayne really are abjectly poor. You, on the other hand, could probably live it up on your salary if you were to move to the home of Harry Baals...

AJ

• Like 1

Interesting, 10mhz of PCS A-F is spectrum challenged? Add the Baton Rouge area to that list then.

Nope. Baton Rouge is a PCS A block 20 MHz market. Only 10 MHz of the original 30 MHz has been partitioned and disaggregated away. So, 20 MHz remains, that makes a big difference compared to only 10 MHz.

AJ

Nope. Baton Rouge is a PCS A block 20 MHz market. Only 10 MHz of the original 30 MHz has been partitioned and disaggregated away. So, 20 MHz remains, that makes a big difference compared to only 10 MHz.

AJ

Ahh.. Confusing uplink and downlink. I was thinking of one side. 10mhz paired and Ft Wayne has the 5mhz paired. Yes I could see that being a huge challenge.

Sent from my little Note2

Yes, Deval, but you live in the NYC metro. This is Fort Wayne we are talking about. The poor in Fort Wayne really are abjectly poor. You, on the other hand, could probably live it up on your salary if you were to move to the home of Harry Baals...

AJ

Ahh ok, yeah pretty much the same anywhere else but here.

...and Ft Wayne has the 5mhz paired. Yes I could see that being a huge challenge.

Yep, prior to Network Vision, Fort Wayne was basically living on sketti and roadkill.

:P

AJ

• Like 2