Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

No one with the EVO LTE is allowed to complain about coverage. It is the worst RF performance device for Sprint LTE ever. Please get another phone on EBay. You'll thank yourself.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I had one. I got a new one less than a year later. Now, I abandoned HTC all together.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When can I start looking for LTE 800 here in ucv?

In 3, 2, 1...

B26 is being held up by a Bay Area Public Safety Agency if memory serves. Once they clear in the next few months they can start. They probably will get started up in Shasta/Humboldt areas and up in the Sierras/Reno first.

The LTE got a ton better after the official Sense 5, 4.3 update was released. Before that I was in the same boat to hate the EVO LTE for all sorts of issue. The Unofficial Sense 5.5 4.3 update made it even better.

Whenever the device does have 4G service, the last bit of performance issues seems to vanish and everything is quick as heck. (Because almost all the WiFi in the area I have access too is only a hair faster then Sprint 3G.)

How much of a RF boost would going from the LTE to a LG G3 be? The one thing that does tie me to the LTE a bit longer is the fact that it does have 2 radios to be able to be on a call and do data while in either 3G or 4G.

Right now, the 4G coverage I am seeing seems to be a lot like these two images.

The Loomis coverage is didly squat, maybe because of the trees and the fact that the tower height doesn't reach above anything for the rest of the town. While the Rocklin one is on the edge of the hill and can cover nearly 10X the area.

post-30481-0-65620700-1406129543_thumb.jpg

post-30481-0-61282700-1406129545_thumb.jpg

The Loomis coverage is didly squat, maybe because of the trees and the fact that the tower height doesn't reach above anything for the rest of the town. While the Rocklin one is on the edge of the hill and can cover nearly 10X the area.

Yeah, the Loomis site is designed to cover less area. It probably was needed as signal in-fill along I-80, and they went on the nearest available site. Since then, Loomis area has boomed and Sprint has not added an additional site, which is now needed.

Adding Band 26 to the Loomis site will help some. But in reality, Sprint needs a few more sites in the Loomis/North Rocklin/Lincoln/Newcastle areas since the 2003-08 boom. And that may happen in the next few years. But I wouldn't count on it soon.

• Like 2

The wait continues. There is an AT&T tower literally a stones throw from my place which would be great for all the north Loomis area if they got some space on that.

The Park Dr. Tower has decent coverage so if it gets upgraded it may provide the coverage they need for now. I guess we will see. Sigh

• Like 1

The thing is with that tower in Rocklin is that it only covers the north side of that hill and not the south:-/ cause I live alittle less then a mile away from it on the south side of it and I don't have LTE.

Ah that does make sense seeing as it is on the edge of the hill on the north side. That image was only a demonstration of range and not an accurate one as far as the circle goes. :/ The Loomis one is about right though. It doesn't cover to the Sierra College Blvd exit off the Freeway either. It goes about to the Horseshoe Bar rd exit then cuts off to 3G.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, and I wanted to say hello and ask about the Sprint 4G deployment in Downtown Sacramento. The area north has a good 4G signal, while there's spotty 4G in Elk Grove. Does anyone know Sprint's plan for the Downtown area?  

Thank you!

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, and I wanted to say hello and ask about the Sprint 4G deployment in Downtown Sacramento. The area north has a good 4G signal, while there's spotty 4G in Elk Grove. Does anyone know Sprint's plan for the Downtown area?  

Thank you!

Welcome. 

They're cluster launching from outside in. Next ones up potentially are Folsom + Rancho Cordova or going inwards on from Roseville to Citrus heights and unincorporated county --> City of Sacramento. 

More information and maps of cell sites and their progress are located in the sponsor areas if you're interested in knowing more. 

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

Thank you!

Awesome. I'm excited to see how well the coverage fills in as time goes on. I wouldn't mind coming back and getting an unlimited plan again.

My iphone 5 has been bouncing between 3G, LTE, which is 'normal', but recently it's also going onto 1x, ????.

I'm curious to know, is there 800mhz LTE either currently transmitting or being worked on (1) in Elk Grove, (2) specifically around Franklin Blvd and Elk Grove Blvd?

A few cell sites will be going live tonight and into tomorrow in Rancho Cordova finally. Got a text from my engineer friend who got an email stating as much. Bout time...

Here's hoping he is telling the truth. :) I'll keep watch on my signal.

I have been watching for a degradation in my signal, but seriously... How can you tell the difference between awful and awful? I have one bar outside right now.. That is worse than normal, I guess.

Ranchos going live with folsom last checked.

I'll know by tomorrow if they are or aren't.

They just completed/installed NV equipment on the Folsom HS tower and the Lembi Park NV upgrades last week I do believe maybe those were the last two towers on the Folsom list because Folsom looked to have all their towers installed with NV equipment. If he is right then I agree Folsom and Rancho might get launched together if he is hearing Rancho is going tonight and tomorrow. We will very soon find out. Cross Fingers!

• Like 1

Well got a few shots of the Loomis DelOro towers tonight. I am guessing the small but fat tower there is the 4G one or am I wrong? The way it looks to be pointing seems to match up to the way 4G is covered in town. What irks me is it reaches past the distance to my place in the directions it faces. If only it was a few more degrees to the right on the north side. :(

post-30481-0-31042900-1406614650_thumb.jpg

post-30481-0-43652300-1406614731_thumb.jpg