Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Looks like there's a micro cell at VA Reno.

Most VA Centers have Sprint DAS systems. Good find. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

The gear for LTE 800 is already up there?

yes......it's been said from the very beginning that all that's needed is a carrier card and some minor modifications to the existing equipment... 

Did I miss something or am I understanding something incorrectly?  I drove from Sacramento to Davis this morning and wasn't disconnected from my phone call.  Does that mean West Sac was cluster launched, or I was possibly connected to Davis towers from way out in the Natomas/West Sac area?

Did I miss something or am I understanding something incorrectly? I drove from Sacramento to Davis this morning and wasn't disconnected from my phone call. Does that mean West Sac was cluster launched, or I was possibly connected to Davis towers from way out in the Natomas/West Sac area?

You only have a high chance of a dropped calls if both legacy and network vision sites are on the same channel.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

At this point I am willing to put up with dropped calls from not cluster launching. I don't usually talk on the phone while I'm driving around town. I wonder how many other people are in the same boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You only have a high chance of a dropped calls if both legacy and network vision sites are on the same channel.

Sent from my Nexus 5

By channels do you mean inside the frequency range?  is it Dynamic?  This is literally the first time I haven't lost data or a phone call crossing the causeway since Davis was cluster launched.

At this point I am willing to put up with dropped calls from not cluster launching. I don't usually talk on the phone while I'm driving around town. I wonder how many other people are in the same boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem with this is if they just launched every one as it came up, you'd have dropped calls from sitting still a lot of the time, since your phone can randomly switch IDs at a moment's notice.

By channels do you mean inside the frequency range?  is it Dynamic?  This is literally the first time I haven't lost data or a phone call crossing the causeway since Davis was cluster launched.

A channel is basically a specific sliver of spectrum that a EVDO or 1x carrier is situated on. You can have one evdo channel on one end of a PCS block and another on the other end of the PCS block. If you have a call or a data session on one of these channels and switch to another channel (diff frequency) then your call or data session will have a good chance of handing off. The issue is if you swap between the same two channels on the same frequencies. This is where the chance of a dropped call or data session is extreme.

This is more of an issue on lower capacity sites where only a handful of channels are deployed such as the two sites between davis and west sac. 

• Like 1

Sweet! Lol can't get to the one at the woodcreek gold course.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Go ahead and post it in the In Progress thread to take credit! 

I was plesently surprised to pick up b41 at the kaiser by Arden today (had to force LTE on my n5,using the .13 radio) even with a weak signal I got a pretty good speed.

post-14675-0-40723200-1401991452_thumb.png

post-14675-0-81320100-1401991549_thumb.jpg

• Like 2