Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

The tower in Lockeford on 88 (coming out of Lockeford heading to Clements) doesn't seem to be 800... Though I do get 800 randomly once in a while >.>

Galaxy Note 2 PRL 2xxx disables SMR 800. 

• Upper Central Valley - 6 updates (4 LTE)

- Collierville, CA (south of Galt, CA) has LTE now.

- LTE @ Meadowood Mall in Reno, NV

- LTE @ intersection of Pyramid Way & Oddie Blvd in Sparks, NV

• Upper Central Valley - 6 updates (4 LTE)
- Collierville, CA (south of Galt, CA) has LTE now.

- LTE @ Meadowood Mall in Reno, NV

- LTE @ intersection of Pyramid Way & Oddie Blvd in Sparks, NV

... I live in this area and didn't know there was a Collierville... (no S in it by the way)

Just a small dumb (to me) question, when an LTE site goes live, does it broadcast all 3 spectrums of LTE or is every site dedicated to 1 of the 3?

Each site  will be different. Some will, some will not.  2.5hz looks to be launching in only dense areas such as S.F. and L.A. type cities as of right now.

I know there's a Collier Rd, perhaps that's "collierville"?

There's actually a small community called Collierville. It's located between Collier Rd. and Jahant. I had to look it up the other day on Google Maps.

I was in south sac yesterday, neighborhood by Mack Rd and Franklin Blvd, and decided to run a speed test. I pulled some if the fastest speeds ever (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/703399412).

I know there are some Sprint/Clearwire towers close by but they don't look new. Any insight/idea how this can be?

Edited by BD786
  • Like 1

Contractors will be working overnight on the sprint tower at UCD starting soon. No exact dates but my building manager will let me know when they finish.  Is it dangerous to be near a tower when fully powered?

• Like 1

Contractors will be working overnight on the sprint tower at UCD starting soon. No exact dates but my building manager will let me know when they finish.  Is it dangerous to be near a tower when fully powered?

Unless you stand directly in front of the panel antenna for a long period of time (hours) you'll be fine. 

I was in south sac yesterday, neighborhood by Mack Rd and Franklin Blvd, and decided to run a speed test. I pulled some if the fastest speeds ever (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/703399412).

I know there are some Sprint/Clearwire towers close by but they don't look new. Any insight/idea how this can be?

I'm just going to assume since its 11:53PM the tower you were connected to wasn't that loaded. Also, isn't that by Raleys?(Not trying to say Raleys brings good omens cause, its the ghetto.)

:edit: Oh and correct me if i'm wrong =/

Edited by Kevin47Pr

I'm just going to assume since its 11:53PM the tower you were connected to wasn't that loaded. Also, isn't that by Raleys?(Not trying to say Raleys brings good omens cause, its the ghetto.)

:edit: Oh and correct me if i'm wrong =/

Yes, it's the ghetto.

The test I ran was actually at 3pm in the afternoon AND indoors.

Biased Benchmarking. Bah! :P

Also .5 up and down really isn't horrible for basic usability on a phone for the most part. Of course video streaming is out of the question, but has it ever been viable under Sprint 3G?

Considering I only get a bump to 1.5Mbit DSL at home, .5 is a reasonable usage speed to keep my device off of WiFi lol.

Biased Benchmarking. Bah! :P

Also .5 up and down really isn't horrible for basic usability on a phone for the most part. Of course video streaming is out of the question, but has it ever been viable under Sprint 3G?

Considering I only get a bump to 1.5Mbit DSL at home, .5 is a reasonable usage speed to keep my device off of WiFi lol.

How much do you pay for your DSL?

Believe its around $24 month for one. and $32 for another (2 lines for 2 separate buildings). Yea its not great but there are no other options in my area. Wave broadband will not expand the 3 poles to the 4 houses in the area unless we pay like $3K+ for it.

With Connectify Dispatch, I can pair the 2 1.5's into a speedier 3.0Mbit for Steam/Torrent/Game Launcher's...

Edited by IM0001

Believe its around $24 month for one. and $32 for another (2 lines for 2 separate buildings). Yea its not great but there are no other options in my area. Wave broadband will not expand the 3 poles to the 4 houses in the area unless we pay like $3K+ for it.

With Connectify Dispatch, I can pair the 2 1.5's into a speedier 3.0Mbit for Steam/Torrent/Game Launcher's...

You don't have AT&T by where u live? Cuz I pay abt same to AT&T n I get 17 to 20 mgb

Yes one of the lines is AT&T. The other is Covad.

I am stuck at 1.5Mbit due to distance. Tried 3.0 once and it was up and down constantly.

Just the sacrifice for living in the boonies a bit.