wimax keeps disconnecting

newgroundsguru

Honestly, here in Atlanta with my Sprint GS2, I've been having trouble with Wimax the past two days as well. My first, knee-jerk reaction thought was that they were decommissioning wimax sites. But, as Sprint has an agreement with Clearwire to keep them going through...what was it..2014? 2015?...then I know it can't be that. But interesting that in wildly differing parts of the country we are experiencing similar issues.

No idea. I turn it on and i wont even move, it wont try to reconnect after it loses wimax. I leave it alone for a long time to see if it would try and connect but it never does.. I have to turn it off then turn it back on or re-scan and then it connects.. LTE really needs to get into gear!

I have to keep searching for the signal every few minuts. Is there a way to make the phone connect to it automaticly?? Its real a pain and I don't even want to bother with it..

Well theres always this to make it rescan faster and more often

NOTE: This is for the original Epic 4G only, there are other guides for other phones (I adapted one for the NS4G).

Want Faster Speeds?? This hack can double your 4g speeds and increase your connectivity by a great factor!!

You will need your MSL, Call Sprint or follow this:

1. Dial ##3282#

2. It will open a menu, click WiMAX and enter MSL. Note: 4G radio must be on.

3. Go to extensions and Hold EntryRX and Write Extension

4. Change the Value from -89 to -110 (The Lower the weaker the signal can be for the phone to connect.)

5. Change EntryCINR to 0004

—————————————————————————

If you are tired of the Radio taking forever to reconnect once you loose your 4G signal, then:

1. Change Scan Retries to 00015

2. Change Scan attempt timeout to 0002

You will now have a somewhat faster and much stronger 4G signal!!!

EDIT: Easier Way to get MSL. Okay so you have to download connectbot from the Market

1. Open ConnectBot

2. Agree Next Next Yada Yada

3. Press SSH and select Local

4. type in whatever you want by local and press enter

5. ok once you see a black screen and to the left a cash sign, type in “getprop” without the quotes

6. You should see a lot of words, scroll up all the way at the top.

7. Near the middle of the screen until you see [ril.MSL]

8. It will be 6 digits and that’s your MSL

NOTE: This is for the original Epic 4G only, there are other guides for other phones (I adapted one for the NS4G).

It brings me to a screen that says enter MSL and what ever it put in it says invalid lock code so im stuck in that part.

It brings me to a screen that says enter MSL and what ever it put in it says invalid lock code so im stuck in that part.

Did you get your MSL? (look at bottom edit for how)

I have looked up and down that screen a few times. Is i called anything else other then [ril.MSL]?

If you didn't see it there you may have to use CDMA workshop to get it, which is a total PITA.

Try some of the get my MSL apps on the android market and see if they work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If you didn't see it there you may have to use CDMA workshop to get it, which is a total PITA.

Try some of the get my MSL apps on the android market and see if they work.

Ok, i got one of the "get my MSL" apps and it worked . I set the new values. Will this also work with EVDO and LTE?

Ok, i got one of the "get my MSL" apps and it worked . I set the new values. Will this also work with EVDO and LTE?

No just wimax.

I did this when I had my Nexus S 4G and it did help alot. At the office I was getting disconnected, updated to -110 and bam no more disconnects!

• Like 1