Network Vision/LTE - Inland Northwest

userkv8031

I premeired a couple days ago, does that count? :)

No.  But it does mean that when the schedule posts here, you will be able to see it.  Thanks for supporting S4GRU.  This special deal would give you a custom map with a sneak preview before all the other Premier Sponsors.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am going to Walla Walla in Dec.  I am wondering if B41 is live there.  I see that their is a single Clear site there. I'd imagine B41 would be live if this is an LTE compatible site, but I don't know.

Last time I was there, LTE was on only two of the towers and not very high power.  But looks like all four are active and full power now. :D

• 1 month later...

It most def has Band 41 up and running, at least by the safeway, was up there last week helping my sister and the fastest I saw was 74.09 Down 14.66 Up, I don't know if CA is running or not as my phone doesnt support it =\

I am going to Walla Walla in Dec.  I am wondering if B41 is live there.  I see that their is a single Clear site there. I'd imagine B41 would be live if this is an LTE compatible site, but I don't know.

Last time I was there, LTE was on only two of the towers and not very high power.  But looks like all four are active and full power now. :D

It most def has Band 41 up and running, at least by the safeway, was up there last week helping my sister and the fastest I saw was 74.09 Down 14.66 Up, I don't know if CA is running or not as my phone doesnt support it =\

Sweet :-D

I'll find out here in two weeks if CA is running or not for us.

My dad lives out there and really interested to see how Sprint does at their house now.  The have Pocketinet 3Mbps for $70/mo.  Makes me wonder if the Your Karma at $50/mo will be a better option for them if they can get 5Mbps consistanly.  A new link I can give them for potential new internet service.

• 3 weeks later...

So Walla Walla has CA on B41.  Also has two PCS LTE carriers.  I have not be able to get any B26 signal, however I have gotten 1x800. 

Shameful that there is no B26, needs it downtown where you get kicked down to 3G as soon as you enter a store. 

Any idea why there wouldn't be any B26?  Its well far enough away from the IBEZ.  There is 1x800, but I haven't connected to it much, almost flat here. Even hold onto B41 for a rediculous distance and I still hang onto it even near the -130dBm range. Downtown could really use the B26. Go inside a store and it drops to 3G.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• A heavy n41 overlay as an acquisition condition would be a win for customers, and eventually a win for T-Mobile as that might be enough to preclude VZW/AT&T adding C-Band for FWA due to spreading the market too thinly (which means T-Mobile would just have local WISPs/wireline ISPs as competition). USCC spacing (which is likely for contiguous 700 MHz LTE coverage in rural areas) isn't going to be enough for contiguous n41 anyway, and I doubt they'll densify enough to get there.
    • Boost Infinite with a rainbow SIM (you can get it SIM-only) is the cheapest way, at $25/mo, to my knowledge; the cheaper Boost Mobile plans don't run on Dish native. Check Phonescoop for n70 support on a given phone; the Moto G 5G from last year may be the cheapest unlocked phone with n70 though data speeds aren't as good as something with an X70 or better modem.
    • Continuing the USCC discussion, if T-Mobile does a full equipment swap at all of USCC's sites, which they probably will for vendor consistency, and if they include 2.5 on all of those sites, which they probably will as they definitely have economies of scale on the base stations, that'll represent a massive capacity increase in those areas over what USCC had, and maybe a coverage increase since n71 will get deployed everywhere and B71 will get deployed any time T-Mobile has at least 25x25, and maybe where they have 20x20. Assuming this deal goes through (I'm betting it does), I figure I'll see contiguous coverage in the area of southern IL where I was attempting to roam on USCC the last time I was there, though it might be late next year before that switchover happens.
    • Forgot to post this, but a few weeks ago I got to visit these small cells myself! They're spread around Grant park and the surrounding areas, but unfortunately none of the mmwave cells made it outside of the parks along the lake into the rest of downtown. I did spot some n41 small cells around downtown, but they seemed to be older deployments limited to 100mhz and performed poorly.    
    • What is the cheapest way to try Dish's wireless network?  Over the past year I've seen them add their equipment to just about every cell site here, I'm assuming just go through Boost's website?  What phones are Dish native?