Add a line now or wait for new phones?

leerage

My brother is currently with Verizon now and is wanting to get rid of them. I plan on adding him to my plan but was wondering if he should wait longer for newer phones or go with something that is out now?

I know LTE 800 phones aren't due til mid or late 2013... so I'm wondering if he got on with Sprint with me now by the time he has an upgrade the new phones with LTE 800 should be readily available and LTE 800 should be in the works as well?

Thanks.

It would really be his choice. It's just a matter of his preference if it's cheaper. There's some good deals on the phones right now due to the holidays. I jumped ship from Verizon to Sprint and I dropped from their unlimted to 4g to 3g. I'm fine with it with really slow speeds in my area. Take into consideration that I was fed up with VZW and the way they treat their customers, so that was the MAJOR reason I switched. I got a GS3 because it's a little more future proof and as long as I get 4g when it's turned on, I'm happy with it. I think I can hold on to it for 2 years, or Ill buy used at the end of next year if the GS5 is around $300 used for Sprint.

My brother is currently with Verizon now and is wanting to get rid of them. I plan on adding him to my plan but was wondering if he should wait longer for newer phones or go with something that is out now?

I know LTE 800 phones aren't due til mid or late 2013... so I'm wondering if he got on with Sprint with me now by the time he has an upgrade the new phones with LTE 800 should be readily available and LTE 800 should be in the works as well?

Thanks.

Unless you (or he) have a problem with being on fringe coverage, I think you would be fine with getting any of the currently available phones. I guess his location would factor in. If you don't mind me asking, where does he live? I wouldn't want to wait for LTE 800 if LTE 1900 is already out there.

Yes, by the time your upgrades come around, LTE 800 phones should be out there, and the LTE 800 network should be alive and running.

Unless you (or he) have a problem with being on fringe coverage, I think you would be fine with getting any of the currently available phones. I guess his location would factor in. If you don't mind me asking, where does he live? I wouldn't want to wait for LTE 800 if LTE 1900 is already out there.

Yes, by the time your upgrades come around, LTE 800 phones should be out there, and the LTE 800 network should be alive and running.

He is in Wichita Kansas so coverage should be pretty good for him. I know I don't really have an issue when going down there.

I think that is what I'll probably do is go ahead and get him on my account and by the time LTE 800 is ready and up and going... he should be able to upgrade.