wireless data roaming rules upheld

dedub

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/12/appeals-court-upholds-fccs-wireless-data-roaming-rules/

A federal appeals court in Washington, DC has upheld a Federal Communications Commission rule that will force wireless carriers to share access to their data networks with competitors on "commercially reasonable" terms. The ruling is a victory for small wireless carriers who have argued that they need access to their larger competitors' networks to offer nationwide wireless service. But it's a setback for Verizon and AT&T, the two largest carriers, which have argued that the FCC should leave the matter to voluntary negotiations.
  • Like 1

Saw this on Engadget. Favorite comment? "Good. Screw you Verizon. You don't get to be a duopoly with AT&T without regulations." :lol:

Did AJ write that comment?

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

• Like 1

Did AJ write that comment?

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

It was on Engadget. Amirami posted it... The comment boards on there are deserted now after the change to Livefyre...

It was on Engadget. Amirami posted it... The comment boards on there are deserted now after the change to Livefyre...

It's obviously an alias for AJ. We have to find out how AJ and Amirami relate. Put your thinking hats on, men.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Pace picks up a bit.  Round 23.  About 86% now "uncontested" and $223 Million total.  Down to 159 licenses without bids.
    • https://www.lightreading.com/5g/the-quiet-brilliance-of-t-mobiles-5g-spectrum-strategy/a/d-id/779589? Basically Money savings on 2.5 mostly rural auction are funding 600MHz purchases.  Also mentions continuing purchases of 2.5 outright. Likely understates the amount of MHz. Auction going slightly faster with 4 auction sessions per day now, but still less than 80% "settled".  After 18 rounds it is at $190 Million, with $400 to $800 Million expected. could go on for another month.  check here for updates about 1 hour after each round: https://www.sashajavid.com/FCC_Auction108.php#county_details_table_overlay
    • Yeah, I went up to Kitsap on Friday. Was able to connect to several n41 sites as SA only in Port Orchard, Bremerton and Silverdale.  However, I could not get any throughput.  It would say Mobile Data Suspended.  n41 NSA would throughput just fine. Was pushing 500-800 Mbps. I don't know if it was the network at the time or my device causing the failure for data throughput. It was the exact same result on every site I connected to.  I'm on a normal Tmo Postpaid SIM.  Nothing unusual.  LG V60. Robert n41 SA   n41 NSA
    • I did mention it before, but I don't remember if I did post a picture of it, so I did a 2-for-1 special the second time around. Ah, so that is what I saw. I walk by Boys and Girls field if the C train takes forever to show up in the late evening, but I cared more about getting home than investigating it lol
    • August update finally arrived for S22+ unlocked tonight 👍