AdBlock Plus for Android

PythonFanPA

Thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who hadn't read/heard about this yet, but the popular plugin that many (including myself) use for Chrome and/or Firefox is now available for Android. It will only actively block ads over Wi-Fi if you're not rooted, but if you're rooted it will do so on 3G as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.adblockplus.android

• Like 3

Thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who hadn't read/heard about this yet, but the popular plugin that many (including myself) use for Chrome and/or Firefox is now available for Android. It will only actively block ads over Wi-Fi if you're not rooted, but if you're rooted it will do so on 3G as well.

https://play.google....ockplus.android

Is it not the same as other adblockers though in the end? I'm pretty happy with the way adaway works. Unless adblocks version for android offers a solutions I'm not aware of.

If you're rooted, it's pretty much the same as other apps. But if not this is the best solution. If the notification icon bothers you just tick it off in app management. Routes all wifi traffic through their app. So some streaming sites don't work as well. Just turn it on and off when streaming. I like it so far.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If you're rooted, it's pretty much the same as other apps. But if not this is the best solution. If the notification icon bothers you just tick it off in app management. Routes all wifi traffic through their app. So some streaming sites don't work as well. Just turn it on and off when streaming. I like it so far.

Might have to check it out but this routing streaming stuff is making me think twice.

I use adfree and it has worked great for years. Replaces the hosts file.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Hmm, I was unaware that abp routed all network traffic through their app. Makes me a little uneasy.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

• Like 1

I actually stopped using it cause Tapatalk doesn't play well with it.

I've noticed that too over the past few days since I started using it.

What's another good ad blocking app?

I've noticed that too over the past few days since I started using it.

What's another good ad blocking app?

I use adaway because it let's me easily white list certain ads or sites and well... It just works! I didn't like ad free much in the end.

• Like 1