Markets with legacy Motorola equipment for CDMA/3G

ericdabbs

I remember Robert or somebody mentioned awhile ago that there were markets out there that had Motorola legacy equipment for CDMA/3G that was having trouble working with the Samsung's NV CDMA/3G/4G infrastructure in terms of voice handoff so Sprint is trying to work hard to complete those markets to avoid massive service disruptions.

From my recollection I remember hearing Chicago and Indianapolis as 2 cities. Are there any other markets that have Motorola legacy equipment? I assume these markets will be high priority on Sprint's list since they don't work well with the new NV infrastructure and want to avoid any massive service disruptions.

I remember Robert or somebody mentioned awhile ago that there were markets out there that had Motorola legacy equipment for CDMA/3G that was having trouble working with the Samsung's NV CDMA/3G/4G infrastructure in terms of voice handoff so Sprint is trying to work hard to complete those markets to avoid massive service disruptions.

From my recollection I remember hearing Chicago and Indianapolis as 2 cities. Are there any other markets that have Motorola legacy equipment? I assume these markets will be high priority on Sprint's list since they don't work well with the new NV infrastructure and want to avoid any massive service disruptions.

Hi,

I believe Indianapolis uses Ericsson equipment.

Eric...

I think that Robert posted an infrastructure vendor list, though I do not recall the thread. Also, you can view the Sprint PCS spectrum catalog that I collated many years ago. It is not the most readable resource ever, but I did track infrastructure vendors per MTA -- separately for corporate and affiliate markets.

http://people.ku.edu/~cinema/wireless/spcs.html

AJ

• Like 1

So Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus are markets that are converting from Motorola gear to Samsung. Other Motorola markets exist but they're all going to Alcatel-Lucent, which doesn't have the issues that Samsung does with handoffs.

Hi,

I believe Indianapolis uses Ericsson equipment.

Indianapolis uses Samsung equipment. But I mistook Indianapolis for Cleveland. I knew the other markets besides Chicago that has issues with Samsung equipment were around that area.