Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Robert, do you think there will be any LTE at Raymond James in anticipation of the Outback Bowl? Got club level tickets to the game!

If I was placing money on it, I'd say nay.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

It showed up in the update today. It is on US 441 between Lady Lake and Fruitland Park. It will be in the next Sponsor map update.

Robert

That is the site that clearwires wimax is on in Lady lake, I have tomorrow off Ill have to head up that way and sensorly the area. NOTE: for some reason my iPhone sensorly app does not report LTE activity it seems to only show me others findings. ???!!!

Robert, do you think there will be any LTE at Raymond James in anticipation of the Outback Bowl? Got club level tickets to the game!

NV upgrades aren't being done for the Super bowl.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

That is the site that clearwires wimax is on in Lady lake, I have tomorrow off Ill have to head up that way and sensorly the area. NOTE: for some reason my iPhone sensorly app does not report LTE activity it seems to only show me others findings. ???!!!

You can thank apple for that and their wonderful ways of making your experience better.

• Like 1

I'll just have to activate my Evo LTE 4G and use sensorly that way. Also the 3G at the stadium seems to be up to par it works pretty well when the stadium is full of visitors from my experience going to the Buccaneers games seeings how im a season pass holder I've spent e nought time there to play on my 3G there.

With all the LTE activity in Pinellas there have still been issues in the Indian Rocks Beach area -

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/289513/8/Indian-Rocks-Beach-residents-say-theyve-had-no-cell-service-for-weeks

is her brother OK hell I would slap a lawsuit on sprint for that one if I was her brother and had prof that I tried to call

is her brother OK hell I would slap a lawsuit on sprint for that one if I was her brother and had prof that I tried to call

I'm not sure but I imagine in the terms and conditions Sprint does not guarantee service. It sucks but it's no different than if a tower fell over

• Like 1

The phone just locks on to the strongest signal, Sprint or not, when dialing 911, correct?

but she was the one in IRB not him. she didn't get the calls because she had no signal... oh well, this isn't the right place to discuss this anyway. I will not expound further.

It is possible to get LTE at the hospital on the 6th Floor from the Land O Lakes site if you were on the north side proximate to a window. It's about 8 air miles away and you would have LOS to that tower. But it may also be a site closer by that has come live as well.

There is one sure fire way to tell. Check the LTE Engineering screen Cell ID in the hospital on the 6th floor and on the same sector closer to Land O Lakes tower. If they are the same...BINGO. You have a winner. :)

Robert

Robert, I was at the hospital last night, and couldn't pickup LTE at all. I also was not able to detect LTE from the Land O Lakes tower, nor the tower at 50th Street and Fowler in Tampa. I am not sure if there is an issue with my phone, or if the towers were not transmitting LTE last night. I power cycled, and even tried going to CDMA mode, then back to LTE/CDMA mode. But, still no LTE. The sad thing was, I was running Sensorly as I passed both areas, and while at the hospital, so I was bummed to not get any mapping data. I actually had dinner right in the shadow of the 50th St and Fowler Tower. I was there for an hour, and had nothing but 3G. Same for my wife, and her iPhone 5...

On the bright side, I pulled out my DSLR and got some pictures of the towers up near my home. I will post pics when I have a minute...

• Like 1

If they would have dialed 911 it would have went through. When you dial 911 it throws everything out the window, roaming settings, prls, agreements, etc. It would even make a call on a banned SID in the prl.