Greetings from....an hour east of Nashville

PythonFanPA

I could say Cookeville, but its one of those supposedly 'little no-name podunk towns' that forumites elsewhere on places like Engadget like to gripe about being on the recent 100-list while far more major cities are notably absent thus far.

Anyway, been a lurker for about 2+ months or so and finally decided to register as well as donate to the site. Just recently upgraded from the Epic 4G slider to the new Moto Photon Q and anxiously awaiting LTE's arrival here. Just noticed today I'm now showing eHRPD here on the phone...hadn't really looked much lately at my status screen, but I know when I first got the phone 2 weeks ago, I was working that weekend in Nashville (where I bought it) and was still getting EVDO there (northwest side near downtown). So looks like the prelude has started here at least.

The ironic thing for me is that I switched to Sprint from AT&T because, at the time I switched, AT&T hadn't even put in 3G access here yet...and the I-40 corridor runs right through here, which continually baffled me. And now it looks like Sprint will beat AT&T here with LTE too (Verizon's already live in that regard). So I already have been happy with Sprint, and now look to be even moreso in a few months.

One shout out for any Photon Q owners that perhaps weren't yet aware, but XDA has dedicated forums now for the phone, and thanks to shabbypenguin, the ability to root the phone followed 8 days after release.

• Like 1

I could say Cookeville' date=' but its one of those supposedly 'little no-name podunk towns' that forumites elsewhere on places like Engadget like to gripe about being on the recent 100-list while far more major cities are notably absent thus far.

Anyway, been a lurker for about 2+ months or so and finally decided to register as well as donate to the site. Just recently upgraded from the Epic 4G slider to the new Moto Photon Q and anxiously awaiting LTE's arrival here. Just noticed today I'm now showing eHRPD here on the phone...hadn't really looked much lately at my status screen, but I know when I first got the phone 2 weeks ago, I was working that weekend in Nashville (where I bought it) and was still getting EVDO there (northwest side near downtown). So looks like the prelude has started here at least.

The ironic thing for me is that I switched to Sprint from AT&T because, at the time I switched, AT&T hadn't even put in 3G access here yet...and the I-40 corridor runs right through here, which continually baffled me. And now it looks like Sprint will beat AT&T here with LTE too (Verizon's already live in that regard). So I already have been happy with Sprint, and now look to be even moreso in a few months.

One shout out for any Photon Q owners that perhaps weren't yet aware, but XDA has dedicated forums now for the phone, and thanks to shabbypenguin, the ability to root the phone followed 8 days after release.[/quote']

Welcome! Thanks for joining. We hope to see you around. Shabbypenguin is great. He is one of our Sponsors.

:welcome:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hah, I opened this thread just because I wondered how close to Cookeville you were! :)

Lived there for a small section of my life growing up, but it was a good section. Shout out to you from SW Missouri.

• 4 weeks later...
  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Here's my personal best, as well as the maximum speed I was able to get over 5gbps USB tethering. Millimeter wave is definitely a lot of fun, and I wish AT&T and T-Mobile would deploy a lot more of it.
    • WOW! That's utterly insane.
    • Its crazy what MM wave is capable of in ideal conditions. I took advantage of some overnight work this week to do some testing on my way home.  https://imgur.com/a/zPNUWVs
    • I haven't had the opportunity to test or map Dish here in NYC but they have tons of sites. I'm fairly certain that at this point they have contiguous coverage across the city, and in some places they likely have better coverage than the incumbents. I still think their weird split branding and lack of advertising is what's killing them, not the network.  I have no idea what they were thinking by launching a sub-brand for people to beta test their network and then another sub-brand specifically for postpaid service, and not even with the guarantee that it uses their network. They need to get rid of everything and start with a clean slate.
    • Drove the entire 101 out on the Olympic Peninsula over the weekend and was able to map a number of TMO sites which weren't previously mapped. Also, did it in my Mach E (electric car). The Tesla Superchargers (especially the one in Forks, WA) made the whole trip SUPER easy.