Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Too many people in the area. Until one of the two sites go LTE launched you're not going to see a change for the better. Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

At which point, I'll finally upgrade my phone. Holding on to my Wimax until LTE is live here at work and at home (near Pickerington) :)

When the latest in technology is released consumers want to be able to use it for what it's worth. Sure it will be more iPhones and any other NEWNEW but will Sprint be able to sale or keep custys with its slow deployment? I shouldn't be thinking this hard I have no stock

When the latest in technology is released consumers want to be able to use it for what it's worth. Sure it will be more iPhones and any other NEWNEW but will Sprint be able to sale or keep custys with its slow deployment? I shouldn't be thinking this hard I have no stock

97% of the users buying the new iPhone will have no clue that 2.5 even exist. Y'all 3% can complain all y'all want. Y'all are probably still going to get it.

• Like 1

Just watched 2 guys climb down the Basil Western tower. Reminded me how much I do not like heights.

I doubt it's for Fiber as that should have already been ran with original construction. Maybe for another carrier or they might have forgot something.

I'm not sure that would have any negative effect on Sprint. The new iPhone will support LTE 1900 and 800. By the time LTE 2500/2600 is worth using Nationally there will be 1 or 2 new iPhone released.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Yeah just posted awhile back one of my co-workers went from a Sprint Galaxy S2 to a Galaxy S4 last month.  With a 2 year cycle they are stuck on 1900 LTE for two more years.  But here Iam just waiting for 1900 LTE.  I kinda have doubts Columbus will see 800 LTE for another 8 to 9 months.  I'm holding off on upgrading anytime soon. 

Yeah just posted awhile back one of my co-workers went from a Sprint Galaxy S2 to a Galaxy S4 last month.  With a 2 year cycle they are stuck on 1900 LTE for two more years.  But here Iam just waiting for 1900 LTE.  I kinda have doubts Columbus will see 800 LTE for another 8 to 9 months.  I'm holding off on upgrading anytime soon. 

I bet you'll see LTE 800 in 2 months.

I doubt it's for Fiber as that should have already been ran with original construction. Maybe for another carrier or they might have forgot something.

Wish they'd take their freaking trash with them. Two huge bags of garbage sitting outside the fence over there. There was a box there today that wasn't there earlier. But still, you could at least be a good scout and pick up after yo lazy but!

• Like 2

97% of the users buying the new iPhone will have no clue that 2.5 even exist. Y'all 3% can complain all y'all want. Y'all are probably still going to get it.

I wished it had it though even though I have no plans to own any of their devices. That way these users could offloaded to 2.6 when possible instead of clogging up the lower frequencies for the ones that need it. That phone will be around for several years to come unfortunately.

I wished it had it though even though I have no plans to own any of their devices. That way these users could offloaded to 2.6 when possible instead of clogging up the lower frequencies for the ones that need it. That phone will be around for several years to come unfortunately.

True, I do see that as an issue.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I'm not holding my breath on this LTE stuff. If 800 ever gets cranked up ill upgrade. Not doing it on another empty promise.

What has you skeptical?

Figures. Soon as I talk smack I look at my phone and LTE was lit up. North of Westerville at rt3/old rt3 intersection. Only had one bar and it didn't last long after the light turned green.

Where exactly is that?  I'm not too familiar with North Westerville.  Far enough for the 36/37 near I-71 site?

I'm on an iPhone 5 so not sure how to get you the technical info. If I can do it from this phone I would be happy to stop here in a few minutes and see if it hooks up again.

I'd expect it is from that tower, especially with low bars / not very good service.  However, there are quite a few other sites in Westerville that we don't have a lot of information on so you never know...

I'm on an iPhone 5 so not sure how to get you the technical info. If I can do it from this phone I would be happy to stop here in a few minutes and see if it hooks up again.

Credit to digiblur.

iPhone5 (can not confirm exact steps)

Open the dialer and dial *3001#12345#*

Select LTE and/or Serving Cell Info

Physical Cell ID and Cell Identity are both values pertaining to the site ID. Post both.

IPHONE_LTE_ENG.png

The problem is it was never a realistic goal for the iPhone 5s to have 2.5 LTE.

Sprint just officially acquired Clearwire first week of July.  That was only 8 weeks ago.  Apple before hand had no way to know if the Dish would get Clearwire or Sprint would.  The 5s was already completed months before hand.  Suppliers and parts have to be ready months in advance for a product to ship.  I never thought of this and Im sure most here didn't.  Some guy mentioned it in the iPhone thread. 

With only 8 weeks before launch things were already set in stone for the iPhone 5s.  I think Samsung had much more notice on hand considering it was a Sprint supplier for NV to have 800 LTE for the Galaxy S4

Sprint just officially acquired Clearwire first week of July. That was only 8 weeks ago. Apple before hand had no way to know if the Dish would get Clearwire or Sprint would. The 5s was already completed months before hand. Suppliers and parts have to be ready months in advance for a product to ship. I never thought of this and Im sure most here didn't. Some guy mentioned it in the iPhone thread.

With only 8 weeks before launch things were already set in stone for the iPhone 5s. I think Samsung had much more notice on hand considering it was a Sprint supplier for NV to have 800 LTE for the Galaxy S4

The current S4 doesn't support LTE 800. With Tri-band Hotspots being available, the possibility of Tri-band handsets are available.

Just from Apple's history, they're not ones to "future proof" iPhones. Otherwise the 4s would have LTE. They only go with what their customers can use right now.

I don't agree with the practice, but consider who they are, it works for them.

Well, I hung out for a few in the area where I saw lte light up but couldn't get it to hook up again. If the 36/37 tower is on then that's what it had to be. Maybe ill roll a bit further north and see if I can get it again.

Sprint just officially acquired Clearwire first week of July.  That was only 8 weeks ago.  Apple before hand had no way to know if the Dish would get Clearwire or Sprint would.  The 5s was already completed months before hand.  Suppliers and parts have to be ready months in advance for a product to ship.  I never thought of this and Im sure most here didn't.  Some guy mentioned it in the iPhone thread. 

With only 8 weeks before launch things were already set in stone for the iPhone 5s.  I think Samsung had much more notice on hand considering it was a Sprint supplier for NV to have 800 LTE for the Galaxy S4

What's funny is if this was spun the other way with the names Samsung and Apple switched people would be all over it.  I'd still be dogging the company for releasing a dual-band phone when the other guy released a tri-band LTE phone.  I don't cut any company a break no matter the name.  I'm not anti-apple, or anti-<insert company name here> for the record once again.

I hear the new Iphone comes with this for your order:

kool-aid_lime.jpg

• Like 5

I bet you'll see LTE 800 in 2 months.

In Columbus ?

The current S4 doesn't support LTE 800. With Tri-band Hotspots being available, the possibility of Tri-band handsets are available.

Just from Apple's history, they're not ones to "future proof" iPhones. Otherwise the 4s would have LTE. They only go with what their customers can use right now.

I don't agree with the practice, but consider who they are, it works for them.

Sorry, but to clarify - that was my point.  The S4 had much more reason and longer notice to have LTE 800, but it didn't.  Sprint acquires Clearwire just 2 months ago and we all thought the iPhone 5s to have LTE 2500 even though the iPhone 5s was pretty much a done deal product before Sprint even had that spectrum. 

Lastly, the iPhone 4s isn't the best example for future proofing.  The 4s was released in 2010.   There was very little cause for LTE on it because ATT was the only US carrier that carried the iPhone and ATT  didn't deploy their first LTE city until a year later in 2011.   Even Verizon only had 5 phones that were LTE capable in mid 2011 (a year after iPhone 4s release ) - and Verizon was way ahead of ATT LTE deployment, obviously.  Verizon had turned down the iPhone many times and .. only in 2012 did Verizon adopt the iPhone...

Yet we expected the 5s to have LTE 2500 although Apple didn't even know if Sprint would have Clearwires spectrum or what would become of it.

In Columbus ?

Sorry, but to clarify - that was my point. The S4 had much more reason and longer notice to have LTE 800, but it didn't. Sprint acquires Clearwire just 2 months ago and we all thought the iPhone 5s to have LTE 2500 even though the iPhone 5s was pretty much a done deal product before Sprint even had that spectrum.

Lastly, the iPhone 4s isn't the best example for future proofing. The 4s was released in 2010. There was very little cause for LTE on it because ATT was the only US carrier that carried the iPhone and ATT didn't deploy their first LTE city until a year later in 2011. Even Verizon only had 5 phones that were LTE capable in mid 2011 (a year after iPhone 4s release ) - and Verizon was way ahead of ATT LTE deployment, obviously. Verizon had turned down the iPhone many times and .. only in 2012 did Verizon adopt the iPhone...

Yet we expected the 5s to have LTE 2500 although Apple didn't even know if Sprint would have Clearwires spectrum or what would become of it.

Yes LTE 800 in 2 months. No reason not to.

You're a year off on your iPhone dates.

4 - 2010 VZW and Sprint's first iPhone (2011 Sprint)

4s - 2011

5 - 2012

What's funny is if this was spun the other way with the names Samsung and Apple switched people would be all over it.  I'd still be dogging the company for releasing a dual-band phone when the other guy released a tri-band LTE phone.  I don't cut any company a break no matter the name.  I'm not anti-apple, or anti-<insert company name here> for the record once again.

I hear the new Iphone comes with this for your order:

kool-aid_lime.jpg

I don't agree at all.  When Samsung broke a record and sold 10 million Galaxy S4's in the first month it was a big deal.  When the iPhone 5 sold 5 million in just the first 3 days - investors said they expected it to ship more.  But what I think is funny is the Koreans I knew who always cut on American's and how much smarter they are and how American's buy their products and they are so dumb. Always bragging about being in the #1 #2 IQ test in the world and then many of the same racist American's go buy their products and then they see a Asian and mock them while all they buy are mainly Asian products.