Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

After reading what some customer have said on Sprint forums it's very possible Columbus will go thru some 'birth pain's so-to-speak.

I mean lets say by Dec - LTE is indeed pretty heavy in Columbus - but not yet near a launch. We can expect NV equipment - along with LTE - to be - yes- up and running, but it's also a lot of tuning and testing. Just because the equipment is running doesn't mean it's yet tuned up to race ready performance.

And In other cities that were already launched - even those cities are improving weekly /daily ..as we speak..

Well it's not going to be perfect in December but it should be very usable in the city.
  • Like 1

What's up Columbus? Anyone else as optimistic as myself for this week? This may be our first multi LTE site week and the first site inside the outerbelt with 800.

• Like 3

What's up Columbus? Anyone else as optimistic as myself for this week? This may be our first multi LTE site week and the first site inside the outerbelt with 800.

Here's hoping....

I still don't think they have my Granville tower fully functional with the NV components, my 800 signal comes and goes. I got it a lot over last few weeks and now haven't received one blip last 3 days or so... I'm guessing they prolly still fine tuning it and testing even though it's accepted?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Here's hoping....

I still don't think they have my Granville tower fully functional with the NV components, my 800 signal comes and goes. I got it a lot over last few weeks and now haven't received one blip last 3 days or so... I'm guessing they prolly still fine tuning it and testing even though it's accepted?

I'd recommend (if you're up for driving) to check out a few sites in Newark to see if anyone is out there working. That's not any insider info but maybe there is more work going on in the area at the immediate moment.

I'd recommend (if you're up for driving) to check out a few sites in Newark to see if anyone is out there working. That's not any insider info but maybe there is more work going on in the area at the immediate moment.

I'm off tomorrow and will check some....

I'll check Granville and Newark a bit.

Since I did pick up a blimp of 800 at the fair, but it was too fast to screenshot. I'm going to run the 800 priority PRL I have this week to see if I can find it and others.

Sucks at home though because it "No Likey" my Airave 2.5.

With everything that I've been seeing last week, I think this may be a big week due the Columbus market. Hopefully, we are correct!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I'm nowhere near as excited for LTE as I am for 800 or any benefits from upgraded 3G sites. LTE just means data and 90% use of my phone is voice or SMS. If I'm using data I'm on a WAP anyways. I'd love to just receive every phone call that comes into my phone instead of it going to voice mail. It's beyond frustrating to use my phone for business and to apologize to customers and my employer for having Sprint service. Now I know that with the LTE roll-out the other features will come so I'm a little happy. Actually I'm just ecstatic that the one tower in area that has lacked NV construction that looks like is in high gear is near my house. Maybe a payoff of the many frustrating yet calm phone calls that always end with the retention department.

• Like 1

After reading what some customer have said on Sprint forums it's very possible Columbus will go thru some 'birth pain's so-to-speak.

I mean lets say by Dec - LTE is indeed pretty heavy in Columbus - but not yet near a launch.  We can expect NV equipment - along with LTE - to be - yes- up and running, but it's also a lot of tuning and testing.  Just because the equipment is running doesn't mean it's yet tuned up to race ready performance.

And In other cities that were already launched - even those cities are improving weekly /daily ..as we speak..

Well it's not going to be perfect in December but it should be very usable in the city.

Here's hoping....

Yeah.. we kinda hit on this yesterday

This tower was built today. Could this be a sprint tower? This tower is located near the court house in downtown Newark.

Near courthouse or where at?

This tower was built today. Could this be a sprint tower? This tower is located near the court house in downtown Newark.

It's too early to tell from this picture. Try to get pictures of the base station cabinets and anything around it.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Oh, what a lovely gray streak on 104. <_>

Somebody been messing up the mapping?

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

Somebody been messing up the mapping?

Their phone loved the southside LTE so much, it just hung on to it all the way from 71 to 33.....

Edited by RM42

Their phone loved the southside LTE so much, it just hung on to it all the way from 71 to 33.....

Someone needs to be placed on punishment.

SMH messing up our hard work.

That's someone forcing their phone into LTE only and mapping at the same damn time. I'm blaming it on someone from Android Cental.

uploadfromtaptalk1375747986716.jpg

• Like 1

Guess there's incentive to change it purple then eh? Come on Sprint. Man that's almost like a game, pacman style. I had nooooo idea that's what caused gray streaks.Seriously. It does sound evil though. It funny though it mapped 3g while the phone was on LTE only.

Guess there's incentive to change it purple then eh? Come on Sprint. Man that's almost like a game, pacman style. I had nooooo idea that's what caused gray streaks.Seriously. It does sound evil though. It funny though it mapped 3g while the phone was on LTE only.

It's technically not mapping 3G. It shows grey when it shows no data service.

How do you flash an 800 prl on a gn2? I can't find instructions on how to do it on mc2.

Here ya go! Thank digiblur when you see him! :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1880781

The 800 PRL I have isn't on XDA though.

• Like 1