Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

The Sprint upgrade map a few months ago told a different story. I zoomed in and it had the tower on the north west side of the football field on the pole with the spotlights getting an upgrade. This tower has two sets of antennas and it has American Tower corp's sign on it. The upgrade is not there anymore though i just checked.

That's a Revol site and I think it was also a Nextel site. We are 100% certain they are on the light pole northeast corner of the football field. Cabinets are in the small fenced area slightly north.

http://goo.gl/maps/ZaTL3

Picking up LTE in front of my apartment in Grandview. I know its not the towers at the football field because i have not seen any construction on them in the past year and if it was the signal would be the strongest you can get since the football field is right in front of my apartment. I'm guessing maybe they turned on a tower close by? 

post-36508-0-11662400-1401048432_thumb.png

Picking up LTE in front of my apartment in Grandview. I know its not the towers at the football field because i have not seen any construction on them in the past year and if it was the signal would be the strongest you can get since the football field is right in front of my apartment. I'm guessing maybe they turned on a tower close by?

That is coming from a tower that was LTE accepted in March. More info on that tower in the spreadsheet on the Sponsor side of things.

Thanks for reporting!

• Like 1

I was picking it up at Qdoba Friday night too. I think they boosted the power some. I can sometimes get it on Goodale when at work.

Weather is nice out.

checked up on Grandview HS today. No work. I was there last week when a contractor was there, looked more lost than anything.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was told by customer service that a tower near my work was down and would be until August. They implied August would be when the Grandview area will get switched.

I was told by customer service that a tower near my work was down and would be until August. They implied August would be when the Grandview area will get switched.

that's just ridiculous. 

Since the thread has been slow for a while, allow me to take this opportunity to say thanks to all of you.  Tomorrow, my contract is up, and I will be leaving Sprint.  I decided long ago that once my contract was up, I would no longer pay for "phone" service, and instead would get a mobile hotspot, and do voip calling.  (I call people on the "phone" like once or twice a month.  Most of my real time conversations take place on Google Hangouts)  While Sprint does offer hotspots, they just aren't as competitive in that area.  But the nice thing about this bright, phone-free future is that my device (a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet, wifi only) is completely carrier independent (obviously) and I won't have a contract, so I'm sure one day I'll come back to Sprint.  (Since my stupid principles narrow my choices down to T-Mobile and Sprint, and it looks like they're about to become the same company anyways) 

Anyways, got slightly off topic.  Thanks to everyone here for what you do.  This thread kept me sane as I was stuck in a contract with service that sucked, though I eventually discovered that in some cases, it wasn't the service that sucked, it was my Evo 4G LTE.  I was afraid when I signed the contract that I would never see LTE at my house until the contract was just about over, and unfortunately, I was right.  For the last couple months, I have had LTE (as well as improved 3G) around most of the town, but I still have never received LTE at home.  Unless it happens today or tomorrow, I will never know the joy of LTE at home.  (My home is serviced by that tower on Lancaster Ave that is strapped to the power line, so I highly doubt it will happen)  

I don't imagine I'll be keeping up with this thread after tomorrow, so I bid you all a fond farewell.  Keep doing what you do!

• Like 2

Crews have been spotted in the Columbus Metro doing site conversion to Network Vision during the last few days.

• Like 2

3 or 4 creeps yesterday were on the b41 tower on e. main st. in Reynoldsburg yesterday afternoon.  The one by the school bus parking lot.  I sure hope they are doing something with that tower!  I live right by it and the speeds are incredible, um, but the only problem is, it is when I am at home right by it, it is the only tower my LG G2 connects to and it WILL NOT send or receive texts or calls!  Have any other Clearwire towers done this to people?  It has been like this for several months and I called Sprint many times and they even tried to call me and send me texts and nope, nothing until I was out of the range of that tower.  I'm hoping it was just some part they did not turn on for either all b41's or just this one and the problem will be fixed, as the b25 towers have been excellent with sending/receive calls and texts.

Again, this particular tower has amazing speeds for me, but it does not good when you have to disable B41 to be able to send and receive texts and calls.  I'll turn my b41 back on tonight to test it out.  Again, would like to hear about any issues of people around other b41 towers, but this particular one definetly has issues with trying to make the "switch" when you are receiving calls or texts (voicemails several days late).  I can only hope/guess that the work yesterday was to help with the "switch over" when you are getting incoming calls/texts.

• Like 1

3 or 4 creeps yesterday were on the b41 tower on e. main st. in Reynoldsburg yesterday afternoon.  The one by the school bus parking lot.  I sure hope they are doing something with that tower!  I live right by it and the speeds are incredible, um, but the only problem is, it is when I am at home right by it, it is the only tower my LG G2 connects to and it WILL NOT send or receive texts or calls!  Have any other Clearwire towers done this to people?  It has been like this for several months and I called Sprint many times and they even tried to call me and send me texts and nope, nothing until I was out of the range of that tower.  I'm hoping it was just some part they did not turn on for either all b41's or just this one and the problem will be fixed, as the b25 towers have been excellent with sending/receive calls and texts.

Again, this particular tower has amazing speeds for me, but it does not good when you have to disable B41 to be able to send and receive texts and calls.  I'll turn my b41 back on tonight to test it out.  Again, would like to hear about any issues of people around other b41 towers, but this particular one definetly has issues with trying to make the "switch" when you are receiving calls or texts (voicemails several days late).  I can only hope/guess that the work yesterday was to help with the "switch over" when you are getting incoming calls/texts.

That site has another carrier on it plus clear wire. The clear site has the B41 on it. Your voice and EVDO data comes from another site, I would guess east of you or south of you. I can't divulge the site locations in this forum but they are on the maps and such in the sponsor forum. I strongly suggest making a donation if you can. The information is comprehensive. Since you have a G2, if you upgrade to premier, you will get access to the B41 information and maps. There's a lot of cool upgrades still in progress for faster data. That's all I can say about that.

As for your phone, what you are experiencing is eCSFB. It has been discussed in the general topics of the forum in detail. Basically, while you have a triband phone, it has one radio. While you're connected to 4G, the radio has no way to know there is a voice call coming in because it's not tuned to 1X but 4G. eCSFB is a software patch on 3G/4G sites that tells the phone connected to 4G to switch back to 1X for a voice call. If you're connected to a site that does not have 1X, the site doesn't have the software patch and your phone is clueless. This brings up two modes of the G2: Voice Centric (VC) and Data Centric (DC). That allows you to tell the phone what is the priority, voice or data. If you are in VC mode, then your phone will only connect to completed 3G/4G sites not B41 sites. If your phone is in DC, your phone will get data wherever possible and not care to miss calls.

That describes what you are seeing. Until Sprint upgrades all the clear sites to network vision, this will be that way. 

• Like 2

Has the launch date passed for this market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet, but I can tell you that it's been extended from where it was scheduled for this month.

2014-06-09%2007.20.19.jpg

I spied this little gem on the Hyatt Regency at Nationwide this morning.

Zoomed in below:

2014-06-09%2007.20.33.jpg

Resembles a Sprint NV configuration. The RRH's look different though. I haven't seen any other carrier in town with two RRHs per antenna though.

ysa3upam.jpg There's a crew working on the tower out y Groveport HS... S. Hamilton Road... Thought it was already done.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

No comment. :ninja:

• Like 1