Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Ok, cool, thank you.  It's definitely 41 at the Gahanna/New Albany/Blacklick cluster but it sounds like you already had that, lol.

And yes, texts definitely are stuck, at least inside a building but will try more later.  Also gps just stays searching and will not work but that might be from being inside as well.  I'll find out more in a few hours.

It depends on what part of town.  Phones calls now go through with a G2 in its special mode in much of the west, not so yesterday in the very east.  Otherwise callers sent straight to voice mail, which may take a while to notify you.  G2 settings easily reversible if needed..

Digiblur can say this much more eloquently, but dkyeager is correct.  When in LTE only mode, you are able to theoretically send text messages thru LTE by using CSFB.  However, the Columbus market is plagued with CSFB issues which is why it makes sense that the part of town you are in affects if you can or not.  In other words, you will most likely NOT be able to use SMS or talk when in LTE only mode unless the site you connected to is CSFB upgraded (which is somewhat rare for our market).  Hopefully that didn't confuse anyone.  Feel free to ask more questions, by no means am I the expert.

Not only do they work, but if you have any sort of decent signal, they will transmit extremely fast.

They work extremely well for normal LTE sites when you are connected to them.  When in LTE only mode that is a different story.

Man you guys have been busy today. Give me about another week and I'll be able to jump back fully into the market. Working on this ROM is time consuming.

• Like 1

Ok, cool, thank you.  It's definitely 41 at the Gahanna/New Albany/Blacklick cluster but it sounds like you already had that, lol.

And yes, texts definitely are stuck, at least inside a building but will try more later.  Also gps just stays searching and will not work but that might be from being inside as well.  I'll find out more in a few hours.

Back of envelop calculation as of earlier today, for just band 41: 24 sites on the premium map, another 10 in queue to be added (and are visible in the premium forum with exact individual map locations).  Other likely sites also identified. Plus you get band 25 site locations.  Getting the access to map beats driving around trying to find them, plus all the other additional technical details.  Oh, one more thing, the map is interactive using google earth.  Zooms right down to where you are standing or driving and tells you about all the sprint towers around you and various details which we have uncovered.

GPS should not be affected.  Based on recent history, other issues mentioned will fade in time.  Switch modes back and forth until then.

LTE on Basil Western Road tonight just came alive few minutes ago. I'll post PCI and screenshots later

Now if theysvgo back to Brice Rd and fix it.

Yeah man! Just got LTE there and was going to post it. Now if they'd get to the two main sites in Lancaster...

• Like 2

Yeah man! Just got LTE there and was going to post it. Now if they'd get to the two main sites in Lancaster...

They were finishing Buckeye Lake last week, maybe moving to the next site closer, Old Millersport Rd @ Coonpath. Hope they keep moving south. I'm pretty certain Licking Co is the next big news though. They got 800 in test mode near Johnstown yesterday.

• Like 1

They were finishing Buckeye Lake last week, maybe moving to the next site closer, Old Millersport Rd @ Coonpath. Hope they keep moving south. I'm pretty certain Licking Co is the next big news though. They got 800 in test mode near Johnstown yesterday.

I'm in Johnstown a lot for work and the coverage there blows! They desperately need some 800 love.

There was 3 trucks & about 4 guys on the Hamilton & 70 site again today. That thing has got to be getting close to done, I've seen people up there at least 8 times myself.

Have they hung RRH's yet? I went thru about 3 weeks ago and nothing, then 2 days later someone reported RRH's installed. Then 4 days after that I was back through and the RRH's were definitely not installed nor on-site. Just making sure you're looking at the right tower. On the tower in the cloverleaf, Sprint is the lowest hanging fruit (as usual, another gripe for another time). No I'll go there. I can't tell you how many towers I see next to Sprint that are 40-50 feet taller. Seriously?? So I guess AT&T is right, bigger is better...I digress.

Have they hung RRH's yet? I went thru about 3 weeks ago and nothing, then 2 days later someone reported RRH's installed. Then 4 days after that I was back through and the RRH's were definitely not installed nor on-site. Just making sure you're looking at the right tower. On the tower in the cloverleaf, Sprint is the lowest hanging fruit (as usual, another gripe for another time). No I'll go there. I can't tell you how many towers I see next to Sprint that are 40-50 feet taller. Seriously?? So I guess AT&T is right, bigger is better...I digress.

Looked like they were installing them today. Maybe another carrier has been busy on the tower cause it seems like there's been activity every few days for weeks.

3g

Sounds like it may have upgraded backhaul. Definitely if you were previously getting LTE from that site. They may still be in the testing stages of LTE on that site. The LTE work has not been accepted by Sprint yet either. So that is more than likely the case.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just some speed tests at the Utica Elementary School. I was facing the tower and phone up in the air.

Interesting to note: when heading towards Newark on 13, once you make the first bend, before getting to the ice cream plant, the LTE connection drops. I'm sure the topography of the area has something to do with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1