Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Check it out, ghost tower.

Posted Image

Since the bottom rack is CLEARwire, you just can't see it.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

No one has made it down there yet to grab them yet. The address is listed on the sponsor side.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I tried yesterday to no avail. I approached it from every angle and even same spots on highway as sensorly reported. All i could get was a very strong 3G signal with 2.1 download

I tried yesterday to no avail. I approached it from every angle and even same spots on highway as sensorly reported. All i could get was a very strong 3G signal with 2.1 download

You still have a Galaxy S2?

Oh no the g2 and Motorola photon q

Ok, I was looking at the Phones/Devices listed under your Avatar. You may not be able to connect to some LTE with your LG G2 until a future time.

New LTE in the following cities

• Ashley
  • Lewis Center
  • Plain City
  • Waldo
  • Zanesville

New LTE in the following cities

• Ashley
  • Lewis Center
  • Plain City
  • Waldo
  • Zanesville

Sorry about coming in from the cold here...

Just getting back into mapping since using Sensorly for Wimax several years ago...

Like the post very much, but would hate for someone to make a wasted trip. Was out in Zanesville a few days ago and did not find any LTE at that time south of Northpointe dr and Frazeyburg rd.  Was using a G2 in stock mode at that time.   I did find LTE around near Cherry Valley Lodge in Newark, and Oak Praire Metro Park north and NE of 70 West Liberty exit, but did not find it on Stringtown Road nor north of Cambridge (did spot 800 from Byesville, but no regular LTE there seen by my stock G2.)  I figure some of this could be my phone (Robert's article) and some of this the sites being in test mode.  Will be back in this area later this week.

Did paint some of Northwest Columbus with triband enabled.  Amazing how quick LTE can fall off and how narrow some of the signal paths can be (perhaps propagated on the  high voltage power lines)  On Scioto Darby  near 270 LTE is only one block wide.  It is nice that Sensorly posts almost immediately instead of taking a few days, bad that it no longer auto tests bandwidth speeds.  Same with airplane API loss.  Good to see that Sprint seems to be tightening the LTE circle around Columbus.

forgot to include raw info last night. You may already have these sites. Is this noob getting it right and/or are adjustments needed? Can i just use the signal app for 1900mhz? Is it correct that it does not cover the other bands? will the lte engineering shots work, especially for 800 and 2500mhz?

many thanks for your patience.

tmp_2013-12-04-14-31-40511193310.png

tmp_2013-12-04-17-32-25-1691165448.png

tmp_2013-12-05-17-31-031652259373.png

tmp_2013-12-07-09-57-182023920066.png

forgot to include raw info last night. You may already have these sites. Is this noob getting it right and/or are adjustments needed? Can i just use the signal app for 1900mhz? Is it correct that it does not cover the other bands? will the lte engineering shots work, especially for 800 and 2500mhz?

many thanks for your patience.

08615D01 is Welsh Hills site near Granville and we have that PCI and GCI already, there's three and we have two of them.

08606B00 is Plain City-Georgesville site and we have the PCI and GCI already for that site. 

The other one confirms 3G acceptance for the Rehl Rd site. What we can use for that site is the PN # from the RF Eng screen, there should be three, just like 800 or LTE has three, you get them from the Eng screen, except on LTE the SCP app shows it for you.

As for LTE connectivity, there's a retry timer that activates a scan for LTE signal. If you're in and out of LTE area before that timer elapses your phone won't find it. There is a LTE Discovery app in the play store. Once it's running and if there's LTE nearby, it will usually assist in connecting to it very quickly. You should give that a shot.

Regarding acceptance reports, if a site is reported as accepted it is usually active. It just may take some magic to connect to it. 

On the SCP screens, we're looking for screen shots showing -80 on the RSRP with the serving cell since it's possible there are several sites operating nearby such as Polaris.

I was trying to throw some quick hit info your way. There's a TON of info in our market forum, there's a TON more in our sponsor side market forum and if you're capable of band 41, even more info in our premier side market forum. Not forgetting the main portion of the board. Lots of reading. Welcome on board!

Amcferrin90, many thanks for your reply.  I will donate shortly.   I have started reading various sections and trying to mesh them with the advantages/limitations of my G2.  I did keep it unmodified for a week and found it to be relatively stable, then added triband LTE.

Based on your info plus site reading, I believe I need screenshots of signal check pro and the lte engineering.  Will also retest my lte discovery app to see if it can get around the g2's airplane node api design limitation to replace my manual prl updates. I will also try to get better than -80, although no always possible (see scioto darby road near 270 on following screens)

For the non-lte sites i also need the rf engineering screen shot. Correct me if i need anything else.

Personally i will also do sensorly signal strength and speedtests where i stop.

More screens in a minutes

Sorry about coming in from the cold here...

Just getting back into mapping since using Sensorly for Wimax several years ago...

Like the post very much, but would hate for someone to make a wasted trip. Was out in Zanesville a few days ago and did not find any LTE at that time south of Northpointe dr and Frazeyburg rd.

When you were in Zanesville the site wasn't accepted yet and was more than likely in a hidden test mode. This is most likely why you didn't see the LTE that I was referencing.

I will also try to get better than -80, although no always possible (see scioto darby road near 270 on following screens)

If you're able to obtain an LTE signal of -80dBm on one of the site's sectors, it will provide what we consider a verified GCI and PCI. When you drive around the rest of the site the first 6 alphanumeric HEX of the GCI will not change except for the last two digits. It will be 00, 01 or 02, no matter what your -dBm is but your PCI will change which will verify that information as well.

That's a great thing about having an LG G2, Nexus 5 or an iPhone. They provide both GCI and PCI. iPhone provides the GCI in DEC but can be converted to HEX.

I hope that answers your question. Welcome back!

Can't wait until we awake to lte goodness soon.... Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Be careful what you wish for. You may find yourself smacking yourself in the head, being awaken by LTE goodness, then it's gone, oh wait it's back, nope it's gone now...

• Like 3

Be careful what you wish for. You may find yourself smacking yourself in the head, being awaken by LTE goodness, then it's gone, oh wait it's back, nope it's gone now...

Nope,I sleep with my phone on silent....

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

New LTE Accepts today in Chillicothe, Marion, The Plains.