Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Finally! Some LTE in Mansfield! Would this be part of the Columbus market? I know about 100 pages ago someone was mentioning mansfield, over the summer.

Mansfield is part of Columbus market. Looking at Sensorly, there may be two sites active there now that don't show on the sponsor map yet.

Part of Mansfield is also in the Cleveland market or Toledo market, so I can't say for sure which "purple" you're referring to.

I can head out there tomorrow, but I have an iPhone. Will that give enough information to track the locations down?

I know how to access the field test screen.

iPhones provide great information, they just can't map. Check the instructions in my signature on what information we actually need.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I was having some hand off issues and multiple text messages issues near downtown this afternoon. I wonder what they're up to? On 3G

Downtown was awful today. I was at mongolian bbq during lunch time and I was roaming by nationwide arena and had no data on my walk back to broad Street from there

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

When will LTE be live on the far westside? at West broad street and Galloway road area? I am getting very slow 3G speeds over here speeds of about 0.30MBPS Downloand and 0.10MBPS Upload Also when will LTE be done for Columbus I saw it said around May of 2014 is that true? sorry this is my first time here.

Thanks.

When will LTE be live on the far westside? at West broad street and Galloway road area? I am getting very slow 3G speeds over here speeds of about 0.30MBPS Downloand and 0.10MBPS Upload Also when will LTE be done for Columbus I saw it said around May of 2014 is that true? sorry this is my first time here.

Thanks.

Hello and :welcome:  to S4GRU.

As with any online forum, it's considered rude to enter a thread asking "when questions" without attempting a search. There is already LTE in the area. Your iPhone 5s may or may not be able to access what's in the area.

We don't have information at this time on when Columbus will be complete, but progress is being made. Additional information is available through S4GRU.com but does require being a sponsored member of the site.

If there are any additional questions you have, we'll be more than willing to assist, but please attempt to browse through this thread to locate many of the commonly questions asked.

Once again, welcome to S4GRU.com. We hope you enjoy your stay.

• Like 1

What was was the conclusion of above link ? It looks like a diary from Gilligan's Island

Main thing is the FCC is going to strictly regulate how future spectrum auctions are going to be handled. They're not going to let the duopoly kill T-Mo and Sprint.

• Like 1

Main thing is the FCC is going to strictly regulate how future spectrum auctions are going to be handled. They're not going to let the duopoly kill T-Mo and Sprint.

that's what I got out of it! As long as big brother regulates little and from afar I'm OK with it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

This is good..

I was able to get some screen shots yesterday, I'll upload them when I'm done at work. When I access the serving cell info, I scrolled down to see cell identity but it doesn't show the full number, only the first 7 numbers. Will this still help? Physical cell id was so short there's no problem seeing it.

I was able to get some screen shots yesterday, I'll upload them when I'm done at work. When I access the serving cell info, I scrolled down to see cell identity but it doesn't show the full number, only the first 7 numbers. Will this still help? Physical cell id was so short there's no problem seeing it.

Below is your answer:

Here's what I was able to get, and the example of the cell ID being cut off. Looks like it's just one digit short, from the example provided from the tutorial thread posted above.

Need the full Cell Identity. Need to adjust the Bold Text option under your accessibility settings.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Need the full Cell Identity. Need to adjust the Bold Text option under your accessibility settings.

Thanks for the tip. Totally forgot I changed that. I tried to scroll the box like you can under the PCS menu but it didn't work. I'll post updated screenshots the next time I head to Mansfield.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. Totally forgot I changed that. I tried to scroll the box like you can under the PCS menu but it didn't work. I'll post updated screenshots the next time I head to Mansfield.

What's the nearest crossing road to where you were? If it's directly in Mansfield, then it's for the Cleveland market. The closest LTE site for Columbus is in Gallion.

I'm not for certain if the tower at the fairgrounds closest to 71 is a Sprint tower, but there have been two workers working up there the past few days.

Middle Rack is Clearwire. If Sprint is on that tower, it would be the Bottom Rack.

Hey peeps, we've created a Hangout Chat for Columbus S4GRU members. It is restricted to Sponsors at this time as Sponsored content is openly discussed.

hangouts.png The S4GRU Columbus Hangouts Chat Members (Sponsors Only)
  • COZisBack (Cedric)
  • amcferrin90 (Alan)
  • Oakley707 (Tyler)
  • imex99 (Josh)
  • bretthammer2000 (Brett)
  • quicksand jesus (Bryan)
  • james2oo4 (James)
  • kineticman (Brad)
VERY IMPORTANT: The same S4GRU.com rules apply to the S4GRU Columbus (Sponsors Only) chat!

If interested in joing the S4GRU Columbus Hangouts chat send me a PM with your GMail address.

google-play.pngapple-store.pngcomputer-badge.png

Hey peeps, we've created a Hangout Chat for Columbus S4GRU members. It is restricted to Sponsors at this time as Sponsored content is openly discussed

Pardon my ignorance - what is Google Hangouts all about? 

I may have an iOS device now, but I was a big Android guy before.  HTC Hero, and EVO 4G (still alive in my garage as my security camera. Volume buttons died and wife bought me a iPhone 5 to replace.)

Pardon my ignorance - what is Google Hangouts all about? 

I may have an iOS device now, but I was a big Android guy before.  HTC Hero, and EVO 4G (still alive in my garage as my security camera. Volume buttons died and wife bought me a iPhone 5 to replace.)

Formally Google Talk. It's available on iOS7 if you want to get in. Instead of racking up a bunch of post on random discussion and/or whatever we choose to talk about. Also a place to have live discussions instead of reading post all days.

Formally Google Talk. It's available on iOS7 if you want to get in. Instead of racking up a bunch of post on random discussion and/or whatever we choose to talk about. Also a place to have live discussions instead of reading post all days.

Can I crash your party? :)

• Like 1

Can I crash your party? :)

Yeah we were actually talking about you already but I didn't want to bother you. Sending invite now.