Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Coz, nailed it. They were being unreasonable and not giving me the correct amount for my buy back. Which they have since phased out. Therefore, none of the workers understand how to do it. As crazy as it sounds, I was eligible for $210 from my buyback and another $60 for my black tie protection that I paid up front... In the end, they wouldn't price match but oh well. The phone is awesome. I love it. I'm up by the Cleveland airport for a gymnastics meet and the service is sub par and I'm still liking this phone. I didn't think that the evo was slow, boy was I wrong.

As for band 41, I can't wait to sniff it out. Unfortunately it seems like I need to wait for Sprint to release an update. I'll keep everyone posted.

It looks like if you enable Band 41 with your MSL, and set it at a higher priority than Band 25, it is possible to connect, though it seems like it doesn't like to stay connected. That's probably why Sprint still has to release an update.

LTE at 270 and Westerville Rd, was -110 dBm. I'm on CM so no debug screen for me. But Oakley should be able to snatch it.

I'll be out that way later if no one else beats me...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I'll be honest, no signs of any LTE on my Nexus 5 from the office.  All this talk about Band 41 has me awful excited though.  Work has been really busy this week, I wish I could enable the band and get out to scouting some of those sites.  Something about 40+ meg Down and 15+ up just makes me want to cry with excitement...

However, my office is a steel trap.  I can barely get any service and the tower is less than 1 mile away, :(.

3 Sites in the Columbus Market have been upgraded from 3G/800 to 3G/800/4G.

Sponsors can check here for more information: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

Is anyone else having problems with the Longview tower in Pickerington (SID: 4418 NID: 214 BID: 60019)? My phone is connecting using 1xRTT instead of 1x800 right now and has been doing this since yesterday. Tried rebooting, didn't change anything. Even stranger, I was randomly connecting to the tower at 70 & S Hamilton Rd during the overnight, which would mean quite a few towers would have to be turned off.

This extra sucks because without an 800 connection, my phone is practically unusable in my house. On a positive note, though, I should be able to keep a call going all along 33 again.

Being that Sprint is behind building their 4gLTE Network..will they always be behind on the next advances in mobile speed? I've read where VZW is pretty much complete with LTE and now are focusing on the next

Only time will tell. I don't believe that to be the case, but I must be proven correct.

Is anyone else having problems with the Longview tower in Pickerington (SID: 4418 NID: 214 BID: 60019)? My phone is connecting using 1xRTT instead of 1x800 right now and has been doing this since yesterday. Tried rebooting, didn't change anything. Even stranger, I was randomly connecting to the tower at 70 & S Hamilton Rd during the overnight, which would mean quite a few towers would have to be turned off.

This extra sucks because without an 800 connection, my phone is practically unusable in my house. On a positive note, though, I should be able to keep a call going all along 33 again.

I was on it the other day but I live between 2 other cells, connect to the farthest one I would ever expect to considering there 4 closer. oh, check your PRL. Sprint likes to force updates on phones. Maybe they're removing the legacy equipment. 

Being that Sprint is behind building their 4gLTE Network..will they always be behind on the next advances in mobile speed? I've read where VZW is pretty much complete with LTE and now are focusing on the next

Verizon and other providers just slapped their LTE on. So it will be a little difficult to focus on next gen networking. Sprint is rebuilding their towers ground up and working on two networks at the same time. LTE and spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint is rebuilding their towers ground up and working on two networks at the same time. LTE and spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what you're getting at, but it can be confusing to many. At the current moment, Sprint is building only 1 network with two bands (Band 25 and Band 26). The Clearwire construction was already underway and paid for for the first two phases of the project by Clearwire. Now in the near and distant future Sprint will start work to add the Band 41 acquired from Clearwire to their already existing network (distant) and incorporate the already Clearwire network (near), bringing all three LTE Bands together to form an interoperable treo (tri) to form Spark.

I was on long view on the way home

Not sure whats going on with the Adams Street tower in Marion today. EHRPD Keeps going offline. I hope it means they are getting ready to flip the 4g lte switch on soon.

That's normally not associated with the 4G switch. Best thing to do is stop by the site and see if there are any techs on site.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Heads up to our Early Triband Adopters and those considering jumping to one:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Great write up by Robert (S4GRU) for all to read.

So let me get this straight.  With new Tri Band devices, we won't be able to use LTE data while we're on the phone?  Or am I missing something?

I was on it the other day but I live between 2 other cells, connect to the farthest one I would ever expect to considering there 4 closer. oh, check your PRL. Sprint likes to force updates on phones. Maybe they're removing the legacy equipment.

Freeze the Sprint DM service in Titanium and your device will stop checking and updating the PRL periodically.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight.  With new Tri Band devices, we won't be able to use LTE data while we're on the phone?  Or am I missing something?

That's correct, for now it will kick you back to 3g/cdma while on voice calls.  In the future (most likely the distant future) Sprint will probably implement Voice over LTE (VoLTE) in which case LTE will handle calls/text/data. 

That's correct, for now it will kick you back to 3g/cdma while on voice calls.  In the future (most likely the distant future) Sprint will probably implement Voice over LTE (VoLTE) in which case LTE will handle calls/text/data. 

It will be just like old times, no data while on the phone unless you are on wifi.  Sprint will not be implementing VoLTE anytime soon. 

hmm guess I'm always on wifi when I'm on a call

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

No, you are on an EVO LTE which has SVDO capabilities.  All new phones that are tri-band will NOT feature SVDO.  Look to the wall for a better explanation as to why.