Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I think it will manage. ;) The Columbus Map has been updated if you need to check status as you go along.

So I don't have a 5S, it's just a 5. But anyways here are the pics for that site. I don't think there are any changes and I saw no evidence of digging or back haul around the tower. Just to confirm, this is the tower right behind the car wash, right?Posted ImagePosted Image

So I don't have a 5S, it's just a 5. But anyways here are the pics for that site. I don't think there are any changes and I saw no evidence of digging or back haul around the tower. Just to confirm, this is the tower right behind the car wash, right?gudy3esu.jpgeba3e7un.jpg

That's the one. Disappointing, that truck gave me some hope. Ah well, thanks for checking it out.

If you're a Sponsor, you may want to set up alerts for this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/ This is where I'll be posting Accepts that I receive. ;)

Sprint could move a lot faster. Being on the border of Moto Samsung valley really super sucks! I made the mistake of sending a text message in that in between area. Never got any texts back until after I got home on the airave miles inside Samsung land. Keep getting those text responses every 61 minutes, every one of them. Can't send any texts either while on the airave. Absolutely absurd. Every weekend this happens. Sorry about the rant, I was at least nice!!!! 

• Like 2

8-0-115-66. Almost 30% NV 3g

One of the few names I get excited with my alerts...

Sprint could move a lot faster. Being on the border of Moto Samsung valley really super sucks! I made the mistake of sending a text message in that in between area. Never got any texts back until after I got home on the airave miles inside Samsung land. Keep getting those text responses every 61 minutes, every one of them. Can't send any texts either while on the airave. Absolutely absurd. Every weekend this happens. Sorry about the rant, I was at least nice!!!!

Agree sir, beyond ridiculous and ready to ditch the airave....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

Last night high up in the stands at Dublin Coffman High School stadium I had the 4G lit up most of the game.

I think one of the light towers is: Site ID: CBBLAH1234, not sure if that was where it was coming from since I was100 feet in the air and could see 20+ towers around the horizon.

The download speed as only 5. Mbps.

Check your serving cell next time and you will know.

Couple things, I'm pretty certain the posting of site ID's in the non-sponsor forum is a no-no, just a very friendly reminder. I'm always double checking which side of the board I'm in before I post a site ID. Digiblur already mentioned checking the serving cell (or PN, depending on iPhone or Android) value in the LTE engineering screen. If you've not connected to any other LTE sites, you may be able to see that serving cell value still in memory, I have been able to do that before. I'm going to guess you picked up either the Morse Rd site or the site at 71/37. You can check that on the spreadsheet here: 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

COZ must be deeply entrenched in some football, haven't seem him all morning.

Couple things, I'm pretty certain the posting of site ID's in the non-sponsor forum is a no-no, just a very friendly reminder. I'm always double checking which side of the board I'm in before I post a site ID. Digiblur already mentioned checking the serving cell (or PN, depending on iPhone or Android) value in the LTE engineering screen. If you've not connected to any other LTE sites, you may be able to see that serving cell value still in memory, I have been able to do that before. I'm going to guess you picked up either the Morse Rd site or the site at 71/37. You can check that on the spreadsheet here: 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

COZ must be deeply entrenched in some football, haven't seem him all morning.

Was fishing!  ;)  New accepts are up!

Hey guys, so I have sort of a newb question.

I use the Sprint network, but through Credo Mobile, and am up for a device upgrade.  

I keep reading all of this stuff about how Sprint is rolling out new service in a number of spectrums, and I am wondering, is there a way to figure out whether my potential current-line Credo HTC One or Galaxy S4 will be able to access any of them?  

It'd suck to commit to a device for two years, just to have Sprint roll out a bunch of stuff I can't use over that time.

Hey guys, so I have sort of a newb question.

I use the Sprint network, but through Credo Mobile, and am up for a device upgrade.

I keep reading all of this stuff about how Sprint is rolling out new service in a number of spectrums, and I am wondering, is there a way to figure out whether my potential current-line Credo HTC One or Galaxy S4 will be able to access any of them?

It'd suck to commit to a device for two years, just to have Sprint roll out a bunch of stuff I can't use over that time.

The both of those devices will only support LTE 1900. Devices coming out in the near future will support Sprint's LTE 1900/800/2600 bands.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Anyone map around OSU especially when there is a football game? Everytime I have been there have had almost no service even including text only.

That's to be expected when you dump 100,000 people into a small geographic area. It's like Red White and Boom. Each cell can handle so much capacity. The idea here would be once 800 is live that without adding cells, more users would connect to another few rings of cells around a short term high density load. I can connect to 800 sites 20 miles away with ease so once NV rolls out completely, short term high capacity issues may go away.

That's to be expected when you dump 100,000 people into a small geographic area. It's like Red White and Boom. Each cell can handle so much capacity. The idea here would be once 800 is live that without adding cells, more users would connect to another few rings of cells around a short term high density load. I can connect to 800 sites 20 miles away with ease so once NV rolls out completely, short term high capacity issues may go away.

The 1xAdvanced on the PCS band will increase capacity too but that's only going to help voice for the most part unless they use and convert voice carriers to data carriers as it is intended.

Anyone map around OSU especially when there is a football game? Everytime I have been there have had almost no service even including text only.

You'll still run into the capacity issue with 1x800. If their phone still prefers 1900 over 800, you will still have voice capacity issues unless a C.O.W. is dispatched during events. You also have to account for the 100,000 at the shoe as well as students still on campus. Now in terms of 3G/4G data. It all depends on how many people update to Dual/Tri - Band handsets as well as how priority is going to be handled on those devices (which we currently don't know). Only one can hope things will become at least manageable with NV updates.

The 1xAdvanced on the PCS band will increase capacity too but that's only going to help voice for the most part unless they use and convert voice carriers to data carriers as it is intended.

Stay out of my market answering questions. I'm trying to sound smart around here! :lol:

• Like 5

Just had the dreaded no call come through, but then a voicemail show up. Wasn't a good time either since it was an interview call about a promotion. Thankfully I called the recruiter back and I'm hopefully up for a second interview. But still, not a call I wanted to miss.

Just had the dreaded no call come through, but then a voicemail show up. Wasn't a good time either since it was an interview call about a promotion. Thankfully I called the recruiter back and I'm hopefully up for a second interview. But still, not a call I wanted to miss.

Trust me, I understand that. Good luck with it. I know how things are going over in your building.

Trust me, I understand that. Good luck with it. I know how things are going over in your building.

My job is okay right now, this was just a tip from a former boss for a job that she thought I'd be good at. But thanks anyway, lot of friends are getting laid off right now.

My job is okay right now, this was just a tip from a former boss for a job that she thought I'd be good at. But thanks anyway, lot of friends are getting laid off right now.

Gotcha.

I am getting 800 down in Washington Court House. I am sure it is one of the towers down here. I don't know which one though because even though my phone says 1x 800, I'm not getting data. It really SUCKS because Quailcomm runs off of Sprint's towers now. So now my drivers aren't getting information that they are supposed to be getting. I'm hoping this is only VERY SHORT term.

Screenshot_2013-09-30-14-36-581.png

I am getting 800 down in Washington Court House. I am sure it is one of the towers down here. I don't know which one though because even though my phone says 1x 800, I'm not getting data. It really SUCKS because Quailcomm runs off of Sprint's towers now. So now my drivers aren't getting information that they are supposed to be getting. I'm hoping this is only VERY SHORT term.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-09-30-14-36-581.png

Sorry for the dumb question, but have you tried hitting Reset Data Connection? I know if I'm running a 1x800 PRL that I have to hit Reset every once and a while.

I had three of those no ring/voicemail calls today. Pretty annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free