Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

OK, just an update on the Dresden tower. I got a little more information today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Damn that's not a valid HEX for that site. I wish the signal had been stronger for you.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I was in Canal yesterday for the Labor day festival, I wasn't picking up any 800 at all, was kind of disappointed.

What PRL are you using? Unless you fall off of 1900 you're not going to pick up 800 without the proper PRL.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

You are probably right, the tower north of Fredericktown has been 4G accepted since 8/2013 and still not a lick of 4G from the tower.  If you are out that way, I'd bet most of the sites in and around Zanesville are low hanging fruit.  It doesn't seem like there are too many people that check that area.  From what we've heard, it is going to start from the outside moving in.  You may be surprised with the progress on some of the towers already.  I was at an event on Saturday in Zanesville and had surprisingly usable Sprint service.

I assume when you say not a lick of 4g from the tower, you mean no one has mapped it?  

But that it is in fact 4g now.  If so, I second the question, where in fredericktown?  Probably not far from me.

On another note the galaxy note 3 isnt as exciting as I hoped unveiled today ships the 25th of september

151.2mmx79.2mmx8.3mm. 5.7-inch SuperAMOLED 1080p display with 368 ppi pixel density 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, or 1.9GHz Samsung Exynos Octacore depending on market. Android 4.3. 13 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front camera. 3GB RAM. 32 or 64GB storageMicroSDXC card storage expansion. Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11ac, LTE Category 4. 3,200 mAh battery LED/IR combo. No information on Galaxy Note 3 availability just yet beyond the September 25 date, and the official Samsung press materials around the launch says only that it’ll make it out to all major U.S. carriers “later this year.”

Edited by jfin
  • Like 1

On another note the galaxy note 3 isnt as exciting as I hoped unveiled today ships the 25th of september

151.2mmx79.2mmx8.3mm. 5.7-inch SuperAMOLED 1080p display with 368 ppi pixel density 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, or 1.9GHz Samsung Exynos Octacore depending on market. Android 4.3. 13 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front camera. 3GB RAM. 32 or 64GB storageMicroSDXC card storage expansion. Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11ac, LTE Category 4. 3,200 mAh battery LED/IR combo. No information on Galaxy Note 3 availability just yet beyond the September 25 date, and the official Samsung press materials around the launch says only that it’ll make it out to all major U.S. carriers “later this year.”

I'm not sure what else you want from the device itself? It's a powerhouse for what it is. Samsung stated it will be available in October with the Gear watch.

• Like 1

How far north of fredericktowne is the other tower?

I assume when you say not a lick of 4g from the tower, you mean no one has mapped it?  

But that it is in fact 4g now.  If so, I second the question, where in fredericktown?  Probably not far from me.

If you join the site as sponsor's I could tell you the exact location.  Without that, I can tell you it is west of Butler near the intersection of Stoffer Rd and Wagner Rd.

I mean that it is not mapped, however, I believe someone visited the site earlier and mentioned that it was not broadcasting 4G even though it was accepted by Sprint.  Hopefully it is turned on by now.

Let us know what you find out.

Note: Even though the gent at the end of the presentation stated both available in October, there are a bunch of reports, all saying September 25th. I guess people have different dates. Oh well. I'll be picking all 3 up in 2014. Maybe....

Will this feature tri band?

Being honest, I'd be happy with it being 1900/800 LTE. You can keep the extra band. I'll have a Galaxy Note 4 before 2.5 is worthy in Columbus.

No accepts today. :unsure:

I'll be on vacation started later this afternoon until late Sunday or Monday. I'm going to try and keep the acceptance reports coming for our area.

amcferrin90 and Oakley707 will keep the spreadsheet updated. I'm going to have to see if I can bug digi to keep the contest updated while I'm gone. If not then you all will just have to PM them to me.

• Like 2

No accepts today. :unsure:

I'll be on vacation started later this afternoon until late Sunday or Monday. I'm going to try and keep the acceptance reports coming for our area.

amcferrin90 and Oakley707 will keep the spreadsheet updated. I'm going to have to see if I can bug digi to keep the contest updated while I'm gone. If not then you all will just have to PM them to me.

I'm liking that you are going on vacation and are going to keep the acceptance reports coming.  Certainly not liking the fact we have 0 accepts for today, :(.

Being honest, I'd be happy with it being 1900/800 LTE. You can keep the extra band. I'll have a Galaxy Note 4 before 2.5 is worthy in Columbus.

I can't remember who I was talking to the other day on here in the Lounge, but he mentioned that Columbus being so heavily Clearwire invested would be an early round market for 2.5...  I wish I was able to confirm that.

I'm liking that you are going on vacation and are going to keep the acceptance reports coming.  Certainly not liking the fact we have 0 accepts for today, :(.

I can't remember who I was talking to the other day on here in the Lounge, but he mentioned that Columbus being so heavily Clearwire invested would be an early round market for 2.5...  I wish I was able to confirm that.

That latter piece wouldn't surprise me. We were definitely a big market for Clearwire. Heck, they have or had a Clearwire kiosk at Easton.

• Like 1

That's my exact thought. By the time they get to 2.5 in my area another phone will be out. 800LTE is what I want as I am never really close to sites to use the LTE in 100% completed areas. We only have 2 wimax protection sites anyways so they have a long way to go and would probably have to triple the number of sites in my metro area to make 2.5 work as 1.9 struggles in many areas already.

That latter piece wouldn't surprise me. We were definitely a big market for Clearwire. Heck, they have or had a Clearwire kiosk at Easton.

Hell, we had a Clearwire hotspot for the office because our corporate internet sucks and blocks everything...

I can't remember who I was talking to the other day on here in the Lounge, but he mentioned that Columbus being so heavily Clearwire invested would be an early round market for 2.5... I wish I was able to confirm that.

Was it me?

Was it me?

No, it wasn't you.  It was a member of this site in the Lounge.  I just can't remember his username.   I hadn't talked to him before.

This one kept dinging me on my way to Pittsburgh.

uploadfromtaptalk1378350612673.jpg

Only way to find out is for someone to head out there and see.

I went looking last month.

It's been there for a long time. Someone thought it could of came from someone in the stadium that connected to Morse Rd tower.

It's from the Morse Road site.

You'll need the LTE Discovery app while doing so. Otherwise, Sensorly will have you stuck on 3G.

So, I never did ask.  I installed the app, but wanted to make sure I understood this correctly.  So sensorly on it's own will not map out sprint LTE?  

I have the LTE discovery app now installed, but when I start, it cycles through the connections, it just seems to spend a lot of time kicking the phone into airplane mode.    But I am not clear on how it should work.

Maybe someone can educate me