Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Peeps I just found out A LOT and I do mean a lot of information (including back-haul) about the Columbus Market as a whole. Let me find out how much of it I can share and I'll surely pass it on if allowed to.

Whatever u can post, without sources is good for me...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Peeps I just found out A LOT and I do mean a lot of information (including back-haul) about the Columbus Market as a whole. Let me find out how much of it I can share and I'll surely pass it on if allowed to.

Good news I hope!

Alright folks. I've got to keep the hush hush on a lot, but let me share just a tiny bit.

Microwave back-haul doesn't appear it will be daisy-chained in the NV rollouts. The microwave received from another site will be directly connected to the network on it's own dedicated line, instead of through other microwave sites or even through the site it's coming from.

We still need a lot of backhaul. A LOT.

The last is obvious, but the Clearwire spectrum is going to be where Sprint becomes king!

Sorry couldn't get into more, but gotta protect the source.

• Like 2

Alright folks. I've got to keep the hush hush on a lot, but let me share just a tiny bit.

Microwave back-haul doesn't appear it will be daisy-chained in the NV rollouts. The microwave received from another site will be directly connected to the network on it's own dedicated line, instead of through other microwave sites or even through the site it's coming from.

We still need a lot of backhaul. A LOT.

The last is obvious, but the Clearwire spectrum is going to be where Sprint becomes king!

Sorry couldn't get into more, but gotta protect the source.

This only corrobarates the sentiment that alot of sites are near ready & awaiting the backhaul .. Can't go far without that..

Any info on how far along backhaul is in Columbus ?

Remember this post??  :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thenight84, on 20 Jul 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:snapback.png

Ill keep it short.

26 3G towers on 1900mhz,

14 on 800mhz.

78 confirmed dates for ethernet delivery.

16 sites live with ethernet.

97 sites with construction complete awaiting backhaul.

281 sites with construction begun.

equipment has been delivered to 144 sites.

And only 96 sites still needing approval to begin work.

Have a good evening S4GRU nerds :tu: .....Oh and IMEX..standby for some LTE

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1904-network-visionlte-columbus-market/page-62

Uhmmmmmm yeah but uhhhhhh.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Spill the beans! Haha

Backhaul being behind is obvious, though.

Well Columbus is ahead of schedule concerning NV in general.

The problem is we have it before we're supposed to, so we now want it now. HELL even I do.

We all have the AT&T problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnA3C9Af_oc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry for the folks that liked my other two post. It was ridiculous to have 3 separate post so I combined them.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

Any news about sites around the Lincoln village / Galloway area? Took a trip to Grove city today and it's got me hungry for LTE.

You could go look.... ;) seriously. I think the only news we get is when a tower's been accepted which causes some frenzy and a strong desire to bath ourselves in LTE waves. The best thing anyone can do right now is report when they see towers being worked on, like new base stations or new antenna's or fiber optic ground work being run to sites. Other than that it's sit back and wait. 

I don't recall reading much of anything about the west side, Galloway, Hilliard, Urbancrest. I went driving out through Hilltop looking for sites in progress to find there are no Sprint sites in a lot of that area, well two. There's some posts on what to look for.

I seen a climber going up the tower on stelzer and 5th ave. don't know if its Sprints but someone is getting something done

The tower directly at Stelzer & 5th is for another carrier unfortunately. Probably VZW and they're doing additional upgrades in Central Ohio.

Any news about sites around the Lincoln village / Galloway area? Took a trip to Grove city today and it's got me hungry for LTE.

As amcferrin90 said, getting out will help to see any additional progress, but NV equipment has been delivered in the area. There are sites in West Jeff. that have been upgraded. Just no LTE yet.

Any chance you could post another coded update (10-10-100)?  All the information we have is no LTE sites until November :(

Don't want to speak for 'thenight84' but I don't think there has been additional movements since that last post.

Attention: Just speculation.

It appears the team that was working in Granville has just finished up in Johnstown. My guess is they're going to New Albany or Sunbury next. I'm thinking inside the outerbelt is scheduled further out than 30 days.

Attention: Just speculation.

It appears the team that was working in Granville has just finished up in Johnstown. My guess is they're going to New Albany or Sunbury next. I'm thinking the interbelt is scheduled further out than 30 days.

Makes since to me...

I've never had calls drops but my wife(iPhone 5) and I(evo LTE) drops calls everytime if talking while driving on 161 just east of 310, could being upgrades causing the issue and it's a new(reported) drop call issue we've been having.

Now let's just get that backhaul and turn Granville and Johnstown on.

It's also looking as if a site is not 3G accepted already as of today, it will not be activated with LTE by the end of 2013. There will be a good amount of LTE but will not be a benefit to inside the outerbelt. Don't give up your WiFi yet Columbus. :wall:

• Like 1

It's also looking as if a site is not 3G accepted already as of today, it will not be activated with LTE by the end of 2013. There will be a good amount of LTE but will not be a benefit to inside the outerbelt. Don't give up your WiFi yet Columbus. :wall:

Thankfully I'm not inside the outerbelt. :)

Ouch... Three more months, I would have expected more movement.  Oh well, I guess.

So, looking like if it's in progress now, no lte this year?

If that's true, huge disappointment.... Now sure if myself and others will stick with sprint during this slow and long process. I have so many spots where my voice is horrible and data is horrible almost everywhere but it the Genoa Township area at one of my work locations.

Just a frustrated customer that wants some improvement...

• Like 1

Thankfully I'm not inside the outerbelt. :)

Again this is all speculation, but I'd include E/SE of Morse/270 in that equation of waiting as well.

So, looking like if it's in progress now, no lte this year?

If that's true, huge disappointment.... Now sure if myself and others will stick with sprint during this slow and long process. I have so many spots where my voice is horrible and data is horrible almost everywhere but it the Genoa Township area at one of my work locations.

Just a frustrated customer that wants some improvement...

Straight killed my enthusiasm!! Hope this is one of those under promised over delivered things

Believe me, I understand. The argument from the other side of the coin will be, "well, we gave you something prior than expected, so chill".

Alright, so, even though LTE is looking bleak, it still looks like NV 3G will be picking up. Probably 3/4 done by EOY. Don't know if that will include 800, but progress that's needed.

ALSO: There are still legacy capacity upgrades being made along side NV.

I honestly can live with the slow data speeds as long as the NV upgrades happen. I've lived with the slow speeds this long... another few months won't kill me, especially if the wait is worth it. I travel a lot and have experienced cities with NV upgrades with LTE included. If ours turns out like those cities, it will be worth the wait for sure.

And honestly, you can't really beat the value you get when it comes to Sprint's phone/data plans.

I know you all hate to hear this because I hate it as well but let's all be a little more patient. I'm sure once everything is all said and done, we will all be thankful we waited it out!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1