Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Are you sure those are Sprint sites? I don't see anything that looks like NV equipment on there.

They look like they could be to me. Center panels looks like it could be NV before RRU install. You can see they are not even complete with cabling, yet.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Absolutely positive, verified by the company that installed em. As Robert stated, those pics are pre rru. Will go by today to see if the generator and rru's are installed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

funny that most of the new NV sites are being feed by FPL's FiberNet division. I've seen a lot of new FPL FiberNet markers being installed into new cell sites... If you look at FPL FiberNet's network map http://www.fplfibernet.com/networks/contents/florida.shtml?city=miami, you can see fiber being delivered to cell sites around Miami-Dade & Broward Counties...

today for christmas im going to welington to a resteraunt called buca di beppo and i looked at the completed map an there is a tower thats complete some what near the resteraunt i hope i can pick up lte but i might be out of range

today for christmas im going to welington to a resteraunt called buca di beppo and i looked at the completed map an there is a tower thats complete some what near the resteraunt i hope i can pick up lte but i might be out of range

I love Buca di Beppo. I recommend the Chicken Glorioso. We order our meals family style there and we pass them around the table. Good stuff.

I call it Boppity di Boopity. Drives my kids nuts.

• Like 1

I love Buca di Beppo. I recommend the Chicken Glorioso. We order our meals family style there and we pass them around the table. Good stuff.

I call it Boppity di Boopity. Drives my kids nuts.

im looking at the menu an its so big. i cant pronounce it right ethier an im 100 % italian lol. but hey robert do you think the tower thats complete in wellington will reach me if its live? from the map it does look like a mile away

• Like 1

im looking at the menu an its so big. i cant pronounce it right ethier an im 100 % italian lol. but hey robert do you think the tower thats complete in wellington will reach me if its live? from the map it does look like a mile away

Probably not. I think Bucca di Beppo lines their buildings in lead. I can't get good signals in the ones I've been to. Also, I don't think anyone has confirmed connection to the Wellington site, yet. If you do get something, let us know.

Probably not. I think Bucca di Beppo lines their buildings in lead. I can't get good signals in the ones I've been to. Also, I don't think anyone has confirmed connection to the Wellington site, yet. If you do get something, let us know.

will do robert. merry christmas by the way

• Like 1

will my gs3 automatically connect to 4g lte or am i going to have to toggle airplane mode when i ride up to wellington

It may connect on its own. But you may need to cycle airplane mode if it doesn't.

Since the OEM is currently installing 4g service only, generally how long it's going to take to go back and activate the new 3G service on all of the NV sites? 3G service in Miami-Dade during peek hours is bad. 70% of the time my phone switches from 3G to 1X

Since the OEM is currently installing 4g service only, generally how long it's going to take to go back and activate the new 3G service on all of the NV sites? 3G service in Miami-Dade during peek hours is bad. 70% of the time my phone switches from 3G to 1X

The 4g will help offload customers and should work well for you as well.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Ericsson is just now starting to go back and pick up 3G upgrades in markets they are actively installing in.

Just mapped some Sensorly for Sunset Strip -> Sunrise Blvd > North University Drive. Expansion has finally made it out in West Broward County. That in progress tower is live just like most of the others reported.

Ericsson is just now starting to go back and pick up 3G upgrades in markets they are actively installing in.

What does upgrading 3g do? I thought when they upgrade lte, EvDo's back haul is already upgraded?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

What does upgrading 3g do? I thought when they upgrade lte, EvDo's back haul is already upgraded?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

When you see 4G accepted at an Ericsson site, but not 3G, it usually means the Ethernet conversion box was not installed. Ericsson had problems sourcing these boxes. They only really started moving on 3G deployment about six weeks ago or so.

So when this happens the NV panels are only broadcasting LTE. And only the LTE is connected to the new backhaul. The 3G work is physically complete except for these conversion boxes. But in this instance, the 3G continues to run on legacy panels and on legacy backhaul. In most instances they cannot hook up legacy 3G to new backhaul. They cannot hook up 3G to new backhaul until all the 3G improvements are complete.

In an instance where only 3G is accepted as complete, it usually is connected to new backhaul unless the backhaul is not ready.

• Like 2

For some reason the towers around 67th avenue and 8 st and 87th avenue and 24 st in Miami stopped broadcasting lte today. Either that or my phone's radio is not working properly. Anyone else around the area having the same problem? It had been flawless for about 2 months.

For some reason the towers around 67th avenue and 8 st and 87th avenue and 24 st in Miami stopped broadcasting lte today. Either that or my phone's radio is not working properly. Anyone else around the area having the same problem? It had been flawless for about 2 months.

I noticed the same thing at the tower in Miami Gardens on 183rd and 47th Ave. No 4G since yesterday.

EDIT: Seems to be back now. But neither my phone nor my wife's got 4G from that tower at all yesterday.

Edited by Jaggrey