Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I live in Cooper City' date=' FL and I see an LTE tower beween palm ave and hiatus on stirling.

Anyone know when will they turn it on?[/quote']

We have schedules in the Premier Sponsor area that show the original schedule dates for each site in the Miami/West Palm market. But the market started later than originally scheduled and many issues, so there has been a lot of variability from the baseline schedule. Sometimes I'm just as surprised which site appears on the completed list next.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

On a side note...starting Friday I shall be able to map via sensorly. Sold the iPhone5 and bought a SG3 instead. Wanted bigger screen and being able to voice/data at same time sold me. Soon im gonna start mapping tons of LTE goodness im finding all over town. You guys think once that's tower on SW 117 ave and 160th st goes live (by the coca coal) I should finally be able to get LTE on kendall breeze 120st/125th ave?

• Like 4

On a side note...starting Friday I shall be able to map via sensorly. Sold the iPhone5 and bought a SG3 instead. Wanted bigger screen and being able to voice/data at same time sold me. Soon im gonna start mapping tons of LTE goodness im finding all over town. You guys think once that's tower on SW 117 ave and 160th st goes live (by the coca coal) I should finally be able to get LTE on kendall breeze 120st/125th ave?

Sprint iPhones are holding their value very well and GS3 prices have dropped to reasonable. You probably made money on that deal. :)

Ah so you gave in to the dark side...

How you liking the GS3?

So far very good. The battery life is much better than iPhone 5 IMHO. Totally digging the bigger screen. I like google and my main email is gmail so this works great for me. I tried android while back via evo shift...didn't like it much. But SG3 with nice big screen/LTE radio/JB 4.1 its great. For now ill stay put with the SG3

Sprint iPhones are holding their value very well and GS3 prices have dropped to reasonable. You probably made money on that deal. :)

Your right sir. Sold my i5/black/32GB for $675 and bought the SG3/white/16gb for $370. Not too shabby and I still made money. One thing is for sure...apple iphones have great resell value
  • Like 2

This kind of thing has been reported in Chicago, Wichita KS, and other places shortly after LTE was first turned on. It did resolve itself within a few days, sometimes up to a week. Just remember, you are lucky that Sprint decided to leave completed towers open to the public. Verizon hid all their LTE cells from the public until they launched each market. Miami has not been launched yet, not even close, the signals will come and go, be happy you are seeing any work right now! I've still got months to wait.

I hope this means they are going to launch it soon but I have been getting better lte signals.

We probably won't see an official launch until mid December. But LTE will become stronger and more widespread with each passing day as more towers are completed.

We probably won't see an official launch until mid December. But LTE will become stronger and more widespread with each passing day as more towers are completed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see LTE lauching in December unless we start seeing at least 40 sites being updated per week.

So when a tower is approved for NV 4G is there a certain period when they're expected to go live or is it random decision.

It varies. Most often, there is hardly any down time between when a tower is accepted and when the signal is live. Many times the signal is live before the tower is accepted. However, there are instances when a tower is accepted on paper, but there is no signal for some time, even weeks. However, this is the exception rather than the rule.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see LTE lauching in December unless we start seeing at least 40 sites being updated per week.

They aren't really looking at number of sites, but their interpretation of the coverage provide by the currently upgraded sites. Looking at the coverage on sensory right now, if expansion continues like it has the past several weeks, they may be at a launchable position by mid December. Work will continue well into 2013 to finish all the sites, and coverage certainly won't be 100% even in the city, but there would be enough for a launch.