Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Everyone should check Sensorly.

Should report when these areas are always on. Seems like it's being actively worked on so they keep turning off lte.

Good news tho. I learned how to set my phone only to look for LTE. Sure it kills off text, incoming calls etc, but it's nice to set it while driving to make sure LTE gets a priority on being chosen, even if the signal is weaker. =D

little upset with how the Evo takes awhile with picking up the signal without cycling airplane mode.

We'll see

Everyone should check Sensorly.

Should report when these areas are always on. Seems like it's being actively worked on so they keep turning off lte.

Good news tho. I learned how to set my phone only to look for LTE. Sure it kills off text, incoming calls etc, but it's nice to set it while driving to make sure LTE gets a priority on being chosen, even if the signal is weaker. =D

little upset with how the Evo takes awhile with picking up the signal without cycling airplane mode.

We'll see

On iPhone 5 we don't have these LTE issues u speak of :)

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

I am sure the issue is a patch/update away from being fixed. It's still not a jail of features. =D I really really want a HTC J Butterfly

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/17/htc-j-butterfly-htl21-440ppi/

Look at that drooool.. I want it, if it's compatible on the sprint network. I will snatch it up, since it's supposed to be a global phone, or maybe they will release one.

Oh the best part it's WATERPROOF =D

I am sure the issue is a patch/update away from being fixed. It's still not a jail of features. =D I really really want a HTC J Butterfly

http://www.engadget....y-htl21-440ppi/

Look at that drooool.. I want it, if it's compatible on the sprint network. I will snatch it up, since it's supposed to be a global phone, or maybe they will release one.

"PHABLET" this is too big for my tasting :td:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/17/htc-j-butterfly-htl21-440ppi/

Shit that's so awesome! Indeed I'm drooling!

My GS3's 4.8" screen is awesome. I can handle an extra 0.2"

"PHABLET" this is too big for my tasting :td:

This is turning into an Android vs iPhone war and it never ends well (Android always wins hehe)

Kidding aside, I remember back when I had my Epic 4G (Galaxy S1) and sporting a 4" screen which for those times was considered big. Back then the iPhone had a 3.5" screen and I remember iPhone people telling me the same thing you just implied "4 inch is too big, I prefer my 3.5 inch screen on my iphone"

How you liking your 4" screen on your iPhone5 now? It's awesome right? It was just as awesome with my GS1 back then. And the 4.8" screen on my GS3 is even more awesome. But I guess iphone people will wait for Apple to release an iphone with such a screen before recognizing it.

Oh the irony.

OK back to LTE.

• Like 1

Let's keep the Android vs. iPhone discussions to a more topic appropriate thread. Thanks.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Indeed.

@Robert: does the GS3 have a LTE only mode? In the Mobile Networks section all I see is CDMA and LTE/CDMA but no LTE-only like I guess the Evo has.

Yesterday I received my bike and so I wanted to ride around the neighborhood to see if I pick a 4G signal. I just checked Sensorly and I see some mapping done along US1 up to almost SW 152nd St. I live in Pinecrest by US1 and SW 128th St so if I bike a little south I may pick up a signal. Putting my phone in LTE only mode (if it has one) will maximize the time spent on the LTE signal even if weak.

Indeed.

@Robert: does the GS3 have a LTE only mode? In the Mobile Networks section all I see is CDMA and LTE/CDMA but no LTE-only like I guess the Evo has.

Yesterday I received my bike and so I wanted to ride around the neighborhood to see if I pick a 4G signal. I just checked Sensorly and I see some mapping done along US1 up to almost SW 152nd St. I live in Pinecrest by US1 and SW 128th St so if I bike a little south I may pick up a signal. Putting my phone in LTE only mode (if it has one) will maximize the time spent on the LTE signal even if weak.

The only way I know to do LTE only on Samsung LTE devices is to go into ##DATA#. You will need your MSL. However, be warned. I've heard of people having to do a complete factory reset to get their device to be able to go back to CDMA.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

My drive on the palmetto south was chock full of lte. From the dolphin all the way to 88th street sw. Speeds fluctuated from 3mb-8mb downloads.

Oh about 1900mhz penetrating powers. I was in malls of america. From the food court all the way to Ross. Lte was strong the whole way through.

My drive on the palmetto south was chock full of lte. From the dolphin all the way to 88th street sw. Speeds fluctuated from 3mb-8mb downloads.

Oh about 1900mhz penetrating powers. I was in malls of america. From the food court all the way to Ross. Lte was strong the whole way through.

I know Palmetto has LTE as I have picked it up myself. However, I usually pick it up between sw 40th st and nw 36th st, however it has never extended south past sw 40th st. So now it reaches all the way to sw 88th st?

Also, I see you have Android, did you map this on sensorly?

I know Palmetto has LTE as I have picked it up myself. However, I usually pick it up between sw 40th st and nw 36th st, however it has never extended south past sw 40th st. So now it reaches all the way to sw 88th st?

Also, I see you have Android, did you map this on sensorly?

I have a sgs3 but no. I didn't use sensorly. As soon as I got off 88th going west and passed the T-Mobile store lost 4g

Wow 88st...that's Kendall already. I've never gotten LTE beyond the palmetto after 40th st when I hit 874 in route to Kendall it dies.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Did anyone see my post on Sandy on the previous page? Do you think it will slow down the LTE build-out? Also when will towers in Broward or Palm Bean be turned on?

In the markets that were affected by it yes, it will be slowed down but not totaly stoped give or take in a week or two they will be back up to par but for other markets no scince they have different sub contracts working for each market it wont stop other markets