Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

4G is back on in Southampton today!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It looks like you mapped on the Turnpike? I'm leaving now, hopefully I can pick up something in a few spots on my way home from Bensalem to Willow Grove.

Well, nothing again in Bensalem, but I picked LTE for about 2 seconds on the PA Turnpike in the vicinity of Second Street Pike in Southampton. Hey, at least it's something! That's my first time grabbing a signal off that local tower.

Most of my mapping was done on foot or public transportation.

For all of you driving..... PLEASE be careful.

We're all anxious for that glimmer of 4G to appear in our notifications and from what I'm reading I'm afraid some of you are spending more time looking at your phones than the road.

So again.... please be careful & stay safe while mapping.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

I am currently talking to Sprint customer service online, they said there was a service outage on one of my local towers (LTE anyone? :D) but that I should call and request an Airave, going to do that asap and I will also be credited for the days I was without service for the most part at my home so you're talking the 21st to whenever they fix this "issue". :P

Got LTE on Business 1 at the 95 Ramp (Exit 44, I believe). It's definitely spreading - I just wonder when it'll get to my house and be turned on permanently.
since the weather is improving its a good chance it will I been seeing a couple towers in south Philly turning on

Most of my mapping was done on foot or public transportation.

For all of you driving..... PLEASE be careful.

We're all anxious for that glimmer of 4G to appear in our notifications and from what I'm reading I'm afraid some of you are spending more time looking at your phones than the road.

So again.... please be careful & stay safe while mapping.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the concern. I use the SignalCheck Pro app which plays a series of chimes when LTE is picked up. My phone is mounted on my windshield with a vacuum phone mount, and the app has easily visible color-coded signal strength bars for each antenna. If I hear the chime, I can easily check on the signal at a quick glance, or I usually check Sensorly when I stop or arrive home.

Thanks for the concern. I use the SignalCheck Pro app which plays a series of chimes when LTE is picked up. My phone is mounted on my windshield with a vacuum phone mount, and the app has easily visible color-coded signal strength bars for each antenna. If I hear the chime, I can easily check on the signal at a quick glance, or I usually check Sensorly when I stop or arrive home.
<br />Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />That's good to know. The only app I've seen pushed the most around here for usage is Sensorly which doesn't provide any audible notifications. Does SCP make the screen stay on Edited by ScandaLeX

<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />That's good to know. The only app I've seen pushed the most around here for usage is Sensorly which doesn't provide any audible notifications. <br />Does SCP make the screen stay on

Yes it does, and unlike Sensorly, it stays fully lit. Ever since I've downloaded it, I've left it running on my screen with Sensorly (and Waze since I'm a huge map nerd) running in the background.

<br />Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />That's good to know. The only app I've seen pushed the most around here for usage is Sensorly which doesn't provide any audible notifications. <br />Does SCP make the screen stay on

You can keep it on the top but it won't keep the phone on. Audible chimes are useful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If I have SignalCheck as my primary screen, it keeps the screen lit. It doesn't have to be primary to work, and you can force the screen off by clicking the power button, but it will keep it on if you leave it up top.

Actually, I think that's an adjustable setting? I'll have to check my phone in the morning.

I had to check it right away because I'm impatient. Yes, it is a setting you can toggle on/off.

Also, this is what the screen looks like. It is a great tool to use and complements Sensorly very nicely IMO.

post-12191-13646201112356_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good news. First time picking up LTE along bustleton ave between grant and Haldeman.

I keep trying to pick up LTE in these areas, but it just seems like my phone doesn't have the ability to grab the weaker signals like the SGS3 & especially the Note 2. This is the only drawback to the EVO LTE unit that I've noticed, but I'm still upgrading to the HTC One when it comes out. It seems to have a more robust LTE antenna although I guess only time will tell on that.

• Like 1

I keep trying to pick up LTE in these areas, but it just seems like my phone doesn't have the ability to grab the weaker signals like the SGS3 & especially the Note 2. This is the only drawback to the EVO LTE unit that I've noticed, but I'm still upgrading to the HTC One when it comes out. It seems to have a more robust LTE antenna although I guess only time will tell on that.

You are correct. It seems endemic of the HTC devices. My nephew has the same issue.

Easter morning as of 6:45am I'm getting a steady LTE signal averaging 7-12mbps around neshaminy mall in bensalem. It's been consistent for about 2.5 hours. Hopefully it's on for good now... Who knew sprint would be working on Easter, there was no LTE here last night

• Like 2

Easter morning as of 6:45am I'm getting a steady LTE signal averaging 7-12mbps around neshaminy mall in bensalem. It's been consistent for about 2.5 hours. Hopefully it's on for good now... Who knew sprint would be working on Easter, there was no LTE here last night

YAY. They are Def working today. As I'm working in my home office I hear the chime from SCP and here's what I saw.. resydehy.jpgdymyqate.jpg