Google Wallet Win

Feech

Finally!!! Been waiting for an update like this since I started using Google Wallet!!!

Just downloaded the updated app. It auto-added my main credit card that I use for 99% of my purchases, since I already have that card associated with Google Wallet online (e.g. for Android app purchases, Google Checkout, etc.). I entered my billing address on that credit card again to confirm and enable the card, and I was on my way.

I have a $25 AmEx prepaid card sitting around somewhere that I'll probably add to this as well. That way I'll actually get some use out of that card, with the added bonus that I can use the "proxycard" in more places (anywhere that accepts masterCard) than I could use an AmEx, due to higher merchant fees.

One card that I likely won't connect with GWallet: my debit card. In the other three cases (AmEx, Google Prepaid Card, mainc credit card) I have a limited amount of money that I can lose if something gets compromised, or I have a way to dispute transactions easily if things run amok...without being out the actual money (have done this before on Chase). My debit card has neither of these safeguards, so it's not going to be part of my Google billfold.

Now, if only more places had MasterCard PayPass...

Just downloaded the updated app. It auto-added my main credit card that I use for 99% of my purchases, since I already have that card associated with Google Wallet online (e.g. for Android app purchases, Google Checkout, etc.). I entered my billing address on that credit card again to confirm and enable the card, and I was on my way.

I have a $25 AmEx prepaid card sitting around somewhere that I'll probably add to this as well. That way I'll actually get some use out of that card, with the added bonus that I can use the "proxycard" in more places (anywhere that accepts masterCard) than I could use an AmEx, due to higher merchant fees.

One card that I likely won't connect with GWallet: my debit card. In the other three cases (AmEx, Google Prepaid Card, mainc credit card) I have a limited amount of money that I can lose if something gets compromised, or I have a way to dispute transactions easily if things run amok...without being out the actual money (have done this before on Chase). My debit card has neither of these safeguards, so it's not going to be part of my Google billfold.

Now, if only more places had MasterCard PayPass...

Not anything I'm going to worry about. I have had my Visa Debit Card number stolen three times in 10 years. I just call my credit union and fill out a report over the phone and the funds are back in my account the next day. I figure GW will be safer than my Visa Debit Card where used, because now the merchant will never see my card or it's number. It's always been employees of merchants who have stolen my card number in the past.

Robert

• Like 2

Can you use a Amex gift card with it?

Not sure but if you give me the card number and security code I'll check it out for you.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner