pyroscott

Frequently Asked Questions

When do I become a 3G level?  At 100 posts?   Let's check. 

Nope.  

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By thatrandomguy
      So Network Vision is slowly but immensely improving the overall experience on Sprint. Luckily living in the Bay Area a large amount of this work has already begun and is continuing each day. For a while I was seeing improvement and loved Sprint for every moment. At the begging of this week all of this suddenly disappeared, being an avid reader of this site I assumed it was an upgrade and just continued on with my day. Now it's near the end of the week and no improvement whatsoever. Basically I would like to know if this is a device related problem (iPhone 4, iOS 6.1, PRL 51094) or if it's an network upgrade which I'll just ignore.

Before:
      https://www.dropbox....0/photo%201.PNG
      After:
      https://www.dropbox....n/photo%202.PNG
    • No where near an airport, I do have my license, and its registered with FAA.
    • I could understand that if I was closer...but I live 2 counties away from Birmingham (Jefferson)...I'm in Talladega county...the southwest corner of it.  I emailed back to Sprint and told them that I couldn't understand why it's been fine for nearly 2 years, and suddenly this sector of the tower can't allow MB...but the western-facing sector can.
    • Maybe it is spectrum limitations in Birmingham. I know when I travel there I connect to 2.5GHz when I think 2.6GHz is more common.  Think that is due to limited holdings?  For this tower, the section that facings Birmingham might have different spectrum allocation/deployment than the other side of the tower not facing Birmingham.
    • Apparently, according to an email that I just received, the magic box no longer can be used in this area. But, I can travel to Sylacauga, in town within 3 miles of the tower (on a different sector of the same antenna that is my donor) and it works fine. But on the sector that serves as my donor, I can't have the MB... That doesn't even sound correct...but that's what I just got told via email. Why would this happen? It works fine for a year and a half, suddenly it can't work anymore?
    • That’s pretty interesting! I had no idea it would be that easy to do that. Smart strategy. In the DC metropolitan area, it seems much more stringent. @Trip and @grapkoski are the permit experts around here. 😀