Galaxy S3 Pandora/Slacker stopped working

nels0300

My Pandora and Slacker stopped working today. It worked for about a week and now it just loads over and over again. I have data, 366 kbps, slow, but enough to stream music. They work over WiFi.

I've tried:

-Updating prl and profile

-Uninstalling and reloading the app

-Powering on and off

-Calling sprint tech support which had me factory reset and they re- activated the device OTA

Nothing works. Looked it up on the internet and see others have the same issue. One solution I've seen involved changing some data proxy settings, but I'm not sure I want to mess with that.

Sprint says its an app issue, but two different apps do the same thing, so I'm thinking its a sprint data settings issue.

Anyone else here have this issue? I NEED this to work, I can't do my 2 hour bike rides or train commute without streaming music

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OK, just downloaded another streaming music app, mog, and it doesn't work either. 3 different streaming music apps don't work on the galaxy s3. Hardware, software, carrier, app, who knows?

Just tried Pandora on the wife's nexus s 4g and it works!

So frustrating. Bike ride tomorrow isn't going to be the same.

Sprint's position has been that this is a generalized issue and blames Pandora. Interesting that you find similar problems with Slacker.

Yeah, I saw that, but I've tried 3 different streaming music services and none of them work. What is really strange is that it worked this morning.

I've been using tune in radio, works like a charm. I'd been having trouble with the official espn radio app, but I listen to espn radio clear as a bell. Music stations work fine as well

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I've been using tune in radio, works like a charm. I'd been having trouble with the official espn radio app, but I listen to espn radio clear as a bell. Music stations work fine as well

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the tip, downloaded tune in and it works. You just made my day for tomorrow.

My wife and I are having the same problem on our evo LTE phones. Pandora works over WiFi, but not 3g or LTE. Glad to hear it isn't just us...

Used to work fine, even after the of a update, then just stopped.

Sent from my EVOlte using tapatalk

My wife and I are having the same problem on our evo LTE phones. Pandora works over WiFi, but not 3g or LTE. Glad to hear it isn't just us...

Used to work fine, even after the of a update, then just stopped.

Sent from my EVOlte using tapatalk

Did you try 1.5.13?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Got the reply back from pandora, they said they know about it and are working with Sprint to resolve. Pandora makes it sound like a sprint issue.