G-Nex owners...OTA update rolling out tomorrow. (7/26)

Crimson01

Must be something wrong with my battery... I shouldn't be losing 20% every 2 hours in standby, it's crazy. I would love to get the extended battery but for some reason I don't want to get rid of my Sprint back plate.

Currently I have 83% and my screen hasn't be on since I charged it about two hours ago..

- Nocturnal

Well, I am having difficulties uploading pictures, but I found this video on how to mod your existing case to work with the extended battery.

My signal is -76 dBm 4 asu / EvDo-rev.A:8.

I empty my multi-tasking screen and I have even used apps like Advanced Task Killer to free up memory so nothing is being used. My phone just loses battery massively in idle mode.

I am currently considering buying the extended battery, considering college starts very soon, I need it.

- Nocturnal

My signal is -76 dBm 4 asu / EvDo-rev.A:8.

I empty my multi-tasking screen and I have even used apps like Advanced Task Killer to free up memory so nothing is being used. My phone just loses battery massively in idle mode.

I am currently considering buying the extended battery, considering college starts very soon, I need it.

- Nocturnal

What are the battery stats. 20% in 2 hours on idle is not even close to normal

What are the battery stats. 20% in 2 hours on idle is not even close to normal

3h 22m 59s on battery

Phone idle 15%

Screen 4%

cell standby 9%

Android System 4%

Android OS 4%

Wi-Fi 5%

Edited by nocturnal

Screenshot_2012-08-01-20-34-37.png

Are you on stock unrooted?

Sent from JBToro on Forum Runner

Stock and unrooted, I dream of battery life like that.

I was in the car on my way to Nashville I used my phone on and off and had to recharge about 6 times that day. (Car Charger)

Another weird fact, I can put my phone on the charger for about 20 minutes and gain 30%. Not sure if that is normal..

I highly doubt it's reading it wrong.

- Nocturnal

Edited by nocturnal

Stock and unrooted' date=' I dream of battery life like that.

I was in the car on my way to Nashville I used my phone on and off and had to recharge about 6 times that day. (Car Charger)

Another weird fact, I can put my phone on the charger for about 20 minutes and gain 30%. Not sure if that is normal..

- Nocturnal[/quote']

Yeah, it seems to charge really quickly at first when the battery is dead. Have you tried a factory reset?

Yeah, it seems to charge really quickly at first when the battery is dead. Have you tried a factory reset?

I've done so many factory resets in my life, and they have never done anything. If you mention a factory reset to a person who owned a G2X you would get the same response... lol.

This is older but it was around the 2 hour mark the other day. It shows 81 on charger...

screenshot2012080121434.png

Edited by nocturnal

Well, I would say that the problem lies in corrupted firmware, an app or apps that are not allowing the processor to idle, bad battery, or hardware problems. If you reset the firmware, and observe the battery life when it is not running apps, it can eliminate software issues if the battery life is the same or similar.

Well, I would say that the problem lies in corrupted firmware, an app or apps that are not allowing the processor to idle, bad battery, or hardware problems. If you reset the firmware, and observe the battery life when it is not running apps, it can eliminate software issues if the battery life is the same or similar.

I've already looked into resetting it, however I keep saying that the previous times I've never been successful. I also keep holding off saying... oh Jelly Bean will be out soon anyways...

- Nocturnal

Well, good luck to you then...

Actually, this battery problem occured when I bought the phone and I reset it the very next day to no avail. The only choice is to go to Sprint and ask for a new Battery or wait for Jelly Bean or custom rom it. My last experience at Sprint for a battery was a simple "Just reset your firmware".

Well anyways thanks for your help

- Nocturnal

Edited by nocturnal

Actually, this battery problem occured when I bought the phone and I reset it the very next day to no avail. The only choice is to go to Sprint and ask for a new Battery or wait for Jelly Bean or custom rom it. My last experience at Sprint for a battery was a simple "Just reset your firmware".

Well anyways thanks for your help

- Nocturnal

I had some major battery life issues with my og evo a couple yeas ago and it turned out the battery was bad after they tested it. Sprint can test the battery to make sure there aren't any weird anomalies going with it and if there is then they will give you a new one.