Is NV the same as LTE

I didn't word the topic right so I'm sorry about that. What I'm asking is does the NV upgrades include the addition of LTE to those towers and does the addition of LTE to an existing tower automatically mean NV upgrade to that tower?

Hope that makes sense..

I didn't word the topic right so I'm sorry about that. What I'm asking is does the NV upgrades include the addition of LTE to those towers and does the addition of LTE to an existing tower automatically mean NV upgrade to that tower?

Yes, but the actual upgrade to NV complete status for a tower may take weeks or months. Once they complete the process on a tower, it will have LTE, but as the folks in the active markets can attest to, they do it in stages. One crew may install the equipment, another to install backhaul, possibly another to connect everything up, and probably another to test & fine-tune before Sprint does it's acceptance testing.

In short, yes & yes.

For more on NV,

http://s4gru.com/ind...sion-explained/

I read that a few times, and maybe I will have to read it a few more lol but I wasn't sure. So if I look at the sponser maps, all the NV sites that I see will have LTE right? another question is are all of Sprint sites getting the NV treatment? and the improvements listed on https://network.sprint.com/ is that NV they are referring too?

I read that a few times, and maybe I will have to read it a few more lol but I wasn't sure. So if I look at the sponser maps, all the NV sites that I see will have LTE right? another question is are all of Sprint sites getting the NV treatment? and the improvements listed on https://network.sprint.com/ is that NV they are referring too?

If you're looking at the NV site map(not live map), it will show all site that will eventually get LTE. As ballman said, NV site are set up in stages, different contractors do different aspect of the job. One might install backhaul, another does the antenna and RRU install, another set up power, etc. This happens at different times(since its most likely not possible to get everyone needed in one day(or week). There is a timespan between when a NV starts and when it's complete(also when it marked as live). This time span varies my market(and submarkets).

All areas that currently have Sprint will get NV treatment. network.sprint.com does not refer to NV, that is just Band-Aid

® fix til NV is deployed.

• Like 1