C Spire LTE

4GHoward

It is possible...

AJ

I have seen Sprint correspondence where they are talking about coordinating LTE roaming deals with wireless carriers who have or will deploy LTE in Band 25. Never any mention of names. C Spire could very well be among them. Makes sense.

Robert

I have seen Sprint correspondence where they are talking about coordinating LTE roaming deals with wireless carriers who have or will deploy LTE in Band 25. Never any mention of names. C Spire could very well be among them. Makes sense.

Robert

Do you know if it is possible for T-Mobile?

Do you if it is possible for T-Mobile?

It's possible. If they both have deployments in the same band, then it is possible. Is there any will for that? I have no idea. It's going to be awhile before Tmo has a LTE network launched anywhere though.

Robert

It's possible. If they both have deployments in the same band, then it is possible. Is there any will for that? I have no idea. It's going to be awhile before Tmo has a LTE network launched anywhere though.

Robert

Would it be a better idea if C Spire entered a network hosting agreement with Sprint since Sprint is already using Alcatel-Lucent for Network Vision?

Do you know if it is possible for T-Mobile?

Technically possible? Yes. AWS (Band IV) is all one band, so if a device supports a tech in that band then roaming would be doable.

PCS/Sprint is a little touchier due to the G block, though it's not as bad as 700MHz where you've got lower 700 sans A (AT&T), lower 700 (non-AT&T) and upper-C 700.

Would it be a better idea if C Spire entered a network hosting agreement with Sprint since Sprint is already using Alcatel-Lucent for Network Vision?

C Spire is welcome to do deals with both Sprint and Tmo. I cannot think of any limitation why they wouldn't try to work out LTE roaming deals with both carriers. It's not like they are only allowed to do a deal with one or the other. I think the FCC would really frown on any deal with an exclusivity clause. The AlcaLu point is irrelevant, really.

Robert

EDIT: No need for a network hosting agreement.

Network hosting where? In what markets? In and around Mississippi, C Spire has far more extensive coverage than Sprint does.

AJ

C Spire is welcome to do deals with both Sprint and Tmo. I cannot think of any limitation why they wouldn't try to work out LTE roaming deals with both carriers. It's not like they are only allowed to do a deal with one or the other. I think the FCC would really frown on any deal with an exclusivity clause. The AlcaLu point is irrelevant, really.

Robert

Do you expect it to cost more or less? C Spire is planning to invest $60 million for its initial phase of LTE Deployment.

Do you expect it to cost more or less? C Spire is planning to invest $60 million for its initial phase of LTE Deployment.

Are you asking me to speculate whether C Spire will spend more or less than $60M on its deployment, or whether C Spire would spend less for Sprint to host their network?

If it's the latter, Sprint cannot host their network. C Spire has many more sites in its coverage area than Sprint.

Robert

Can you see it benefiting Sprint in anyway?

You did not answer my questions but posed yet another question.

AJ

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 January 2011

I figured I would see LTE before WiMax too. She may have just seen the 4G icon as it was trying to connect and thought it was connected...

My thoughts exactly. Seems like anytime I am on Mississippi and off the interstate I am on C Spire. They have the state blanketed. Sprint should have put their stuff on C Spire towers :)

No idea why that quote came up...lol

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

Are you asking me to speculate whether C Spire will spend more or less than $60M on its deployment, or whether C Spire would spend less for Sprint to host their network?

If it's the latter, Sprint cannot host their network. C Spire has many more sites in its coverage area than Sprint.

Robert

You did not answer my questions but posed yet another question.

AJ

Do you see this as an advantage for Sprint to expand their network?

Do you see this as an advantage for Sprint to expand their network?

How would Sprint use this as an opportunity to expand its network? Explain. And please do not answer in the form of another question.

AJ

How would Sprint use this as an opportunity to expand its network? Explain. And please do not answer in the form of another question.

AJ

They will get money from C Spire to be part of Sprint Network Vision Strategy. Therefore, Sprint can use that money for multi-mode equipment that will work for C Spire and Sprint. Sprint will have to enter the market to expand.

They will get money from C Spire to be part of Sprint Network Vision Strategy. Therefore, Sprint can use that money for multi-mode equipment that will work for C Spire and Sprint.

Howard, how can Sprint provide Network Vision "Strategy" to C Spire where Sprint has no native coverage?

AJ

Howard, how can Sprint provide Network Vision "Strategy" to C Spire where Sprint has no native coverage?

AJ

Can a partnership like that make Sprint expand their network since they are being forced into a market from a Network Vision Arrangement?

Can a partnership like that make Sprint expand their network since they are being forced into a market from a Network Vision Arrangement?

Why would Sprint expand its network into podunk areas of Mississippi just to provide Network Vision hosting where C Spire already has native coverage? Why would Sprint ever do that? Why would C Spire ever ask Sprint to do that?

AJ

Why would Sprint expand its network into podunk areas of Mississippi just to provide Network Vision hosting where C Spire already has native coverage? Why would Sprint ever do that? Why would C Spire ever ask Sprint to do that?

AJ

If you happen to travel in that area, would it be a good idea to have native coverage in that area instead of roaming?

Howard, I am sorry. But if you cannot offer anything in response other than vapid questions, then I cannot help you any further.

AJ

Howard, I am sorry. But if you cannot offer anything in response other than vapid questions, then I cannot help you any further.

AJ

If C Spire happens to make an arrangement with Sprint, Sprint might as well expand their coverage in that area instead of having to pay roaming cost. There might be more competition, but it might be a good benefit for those people since Sprint already has more coverage nationwide compared to C Spire.

If C Spire happens to make an arrangement with Sprint, Sprint might as well expand their coverage in that area instead of having to pay roaming cost. There might be more competition, but it might be a good benefit for those people since Sprint already has more coverage nationwide compared to C Spire.

Why would they spend $60 Million (to use CS's numbers) in redundant coverage in the area, when they already have a mutually beneficial relationship with C Spire, including the possibility of LTE roaming? Also, C Spire would not welcome a competitor setting up shop all over their service area. C Spire and Sprint would have a completely different relationship if Sprint wanted to set up service side by side as a direct threat/competitor. This does not make sense at all.

Sprint wants to Network Host for other companies who need a fast deployed nation wide network. They are not looking for someone to regionally host them. This is so far out of bounds for their plans. It's not even on the radar.

Robert