Galaxy Nexus Injunction

shaunm82

It's irrelevant because it's based off nothing but your "gut".

Don't take it the wrong way, but let's have a thread that we can have discussion - not a thread based off gut feelings and instincts.

So if I say I have a feeling about something and I express my opinion about it, then its irrelevant? If my opinion is that apple is full of themselves, is that irrelevant as well? My opinion is that apple isn't trying to compete with the competition, they are trying to eliminate the competition through litigation, but I guess that's irrelevant as well. The patent system is broken and apple is taking advantage of that but some of these patents that were granted are laughable at best, but thats my opinion which makes it irrelevant. When you first quoted me you stated that "No doubt apple has a lot of political influence". So tell me how would apple go about gaining all the political influence you speak of? The only way to get political influence is through some sort of economic exchange.

• Like 1

So if I say I have a feeling about something and I express my opinion about it, then its irrelevant? If my opinion is that apple is full of themselves, is that irrelevant as well? My opinion is that apple isn't trying to compete with the competition, they are trying to eliminate the competition through litigation, but I guess that's irrelevant as well. The patent system is broken and apple is taking advantage of that but some of these patents that were granted are laughable at best, but thats my opinion which makes it irrelevant. When you first quoted me you stated that "No doubt apple has a lot of political influence". So tell me how would apple go about gaining all the political influence you speak of? The only way to get political influence is through some sort of economic exchange.

I apologize, I should really rephrase in an attempt to bring about a more serious discussion. My attempt was not to turn this into a heated debate over who has the right to state their opinion on this forum. I was in the wrong on that.

My whole point was - it's a big leap to say apple has paid off judges. I have never ever seen any articles that Apple has gamed our courts by buying judges. I think it does a large disservice to this forum to say something like that without any evidence to back it up (aka rumors). Especially when on the flip side, we have the Chairman of Samsung basically admitting to having a giant slush fund to pay various interests off (well documented).

• Like 1

I apologize, I should really rephrase in an attempt to bring about a more serious discussion. My attempt was not to turn this into a heated debate over who has the right to state their opinion on this forum. I was in the wrong on that.

My whole point was - it's a big leap to say apple has paid off judges. I have never ever seen any articles that Apple has gamed our courts by buying judges. I think it does a large disservice to this forum to say something like that without any evidence to back it up (aka rumors). Especially when on the flip side, we have the Chairman of Samsung basically admitting to having a giant slush fund to pay various interests off (well documented).

So I have to provide a link/evidence to every single opinion I state and if I don't it does a large disservice to this forum? Are you serious? Like I said, it was an opinion and was not expressed in any form as fact. Some people may agree and some may think otherwise but you are totally out of line to tell me that what I said did a large disservice to this forum.

Here's a pretty straightforward article on the court ruling. Basically' date=' the court found that android's search box infringes on Apple's patent on universal search. Obviously, Samsung will appeal this ruling and that may delay the injunction a while.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/29/3126934/apple-samsung-judge-bans-galaxy-nexus

[/quote']

LMAO the search box is a main selling point of the GNex? What is this judge smoking? I was annoyed by the fact that the search bar was on every home screen. Furthermore, that search bar has always been a widget and there used to be a button for searching. They replaced a button with an always present widget. This is what makes me so anti-patent. This is pure patent trolling and the patent system combined with the courts continue to keep it alive.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

So I have to provide a link/evidence to every single opinion I state and if I don't it does a large disservice to this forum? Are you serious? Like I said' date=' it was an opinion and was not expressed in any form as fact. Some people may agree and some may think otherwise but you are totally out of line to tell me that what I said did a large disservice to this forum.[/quote']

You have a point that you made sure to make it known that it is your opinion and not fact, but is a pretty strong claim to say that a federal judge is so lacking in integrity that they would take a bribe from apple. I would sure hope that the highest judges in this country's legal system have more integrity than that. You have to expect someone to challenge that, even if it is purely opinion.

So I have to provide a link/evidence to every single opinion I state and if I don't it does a large disservice to this forum? Are you serious? Like I said' date=' it was an opinion and was not expressed in any form as fact. Some people may agree and some may think otherwise but you are totally out of line to tell me that what I said did a large disservice to this forum.[/quote']

You have a point that you made sure to make it known that it is your opinion and not fact, but is a pretty strong claim to say that a federal judge is so lacking in integrity that they would take a bribe from apple. I would sure hope that the highest judges in this country's legal system have more integrity than that. You have to expect someone to challenge that, even if it is purely opinion.

LMAO the search box is a main selling point of the GNex? What is this judge smoking? I was annoyed by the fact that the search bar was on every home screen. Furthermore, that search bar has always been a widget and there used to be a button for searching. They replaced a button with an always present widget. This is what makes me so anti-patent. This is pure patent trolling and the patent system combined with the courts continue to keep it alive.

It was an opinion and if someone wants to challenge that then that is fine with me, after all its just an opinion and someone else may very well have a different opinion, such is life. My issue is with " I think it does a large disservice to this forum to say something like that without any evidence to back it up (aka rumors)", not to mention his very sarcastic response that was deleted. This isn't challenging my opinion, this is challenging me. What rumor? Am I spreading rumors? Did I say, rumor hast it that apple is bribing judges? No I didn't. He took a simple statement and ran with it, it was a statement even you and one other member liked. You said yourself "what is this judge smoking?" You said that because of the ridiculousness of the whole situation, and I feel the same way. How can a judge take some these allegations seriously? They must be smoking or maybe they are getting some kind of benefit from it, whats the difference? It's certainly plausible, obviously there is no proof hence the opinion but its not impossible is it? Look at the world we live in, integrity just like everything else has a price. Again though, some of these claims are so ridiculous that it makes you think of reasons why a judge would grant an injunction on something like this, hence an alternative opinion.

• Like 1

I don't like where this thread has headed. I don't see any way to resolve this without pissing off core members that I respect and appreciate. So I am closing the thread and let every cool down.

Everyone made good points...at times. And I think we all need to be sensitive to other members. We can all make counter points to opinions. There are more constructive ways to do it than some of the worst examples in this thread, and I expect you all to do that a little better when these types of threads appear in the future.

Robert

• Like 3