Windows Phone 8 fitting right in to Sprints NFC + LTE mold

pyroscott

Windows Phone 8 OS which is set to release around the same timeframe as Windows 8 for PCs will add support for many things that were desired from previous versions. Skype, multiple core processors, NFC chips are among a few additions. Four different screen sizes will also be supported allowing the OS to be used on tablets and different sized handsets. With Sprint wanting their LTE handsets to have NFC, this all makes sense for Sprint to pull some WP8 handsets out of their hat later this year.

http://www.rethink-w...creen-sizes.htm

I'm curious about what timeline MS will use in debuting WP8. Hopefully more will be forthcoming at the MWC. So far, I'm not impressed with MS's release schedule. The Mango update was extreamely late and MS in my eyes has a lot to prove in keeping promised updates and support. So far, I would lump them in with Samsung. A lot of talk and promises, but poor execution. IMO Google is not far behind.

I'm curious about what timeline MS will use in debuting WP8. Hopefully more will be forthcoming at the MWC. So far, I'm not impressed with MS's release schedule. The Mango update was extreamely late and MS in my eyes has a lot to prove in keeping promised updates and support. So far, I would lump them in with Samsung. A lot of talk and promises, but poor execution. IMO Google is not far behind.

I hate when companies promise something and then it is either late to the table or they come out later and retract their statement. With MS saying that they want to unveil WP8 and Windows 8 around the same time, delays seem ominous...