Evo 4G LTE car dock

GW1973

I have been searching online for a car dock for my EvoLTE. Has anyone purchased one and can tell me about the results. I believe California has some rules about using a dock on the windshield, so I have also searched for a bean bag mount, something that will sit on the dash and not slide around that I can connect the car dock to it.

Any suggestions or comments on the car docks the great people of this site are using for their EvoLTE?

Guest 503ducati

I have been searching online for a car dock for my EvoLTE. Has anyone purchased one and can tell me about the results. I believe California has some rules about using a dock on the windshield, so I have also searched for a bean bag mount, something that will sit on the dash and not slide around that I can connect the car dock to it.

Any suggestions or comments on the car docks the great people of this site are using for their EvoLTE?

I have the Sprint Dock($35) that has a removable insert so you can use the phone with a case. It goes into "Car Mode", if you go into the apps menu in the phone and click "Car" you can check out the specifics of that. As far as the dock goes it's the only one out as far as I know, still no word of an official OEM HTC dock.

Here's a video I found on it:

As far as mounting to dash without damaging it, I found this:

Edited by 503ducati
  • Like 3

The dock comes with an adhesive pad you can stick to your dashboard that you can use the suction cup on. It also uses a standard Garmin 17mm ball mount to attach the suction cup arm, so there are a ton of mounting options out there from vent and lighter mounts to built-in vehicle-specific mounts from companies like Ram and Panavise.

I have the OEM Sprint/HTC Car dock and it works great. The only (tiny) drawback is you have to provide your own micro USB cable. However, I had one that Best Buy gave me when I purchased my OG EVO and it works great.

The phone is secure in the dock--unlike when I used to drive around with my EVO 3D with a dash-mounted home dock. I always had to drive with my passenger's side window up so that my device didn't fly out the window!

I really like that the pin in the dock can auto connect the EVO in Car mode. However, I wish they had not hard coded the standard TuneIn Internet radio app as I much prefer the TuneIn Radio Pro which allows recording and 10 second rewind and has a much better UI.

Guest 503ducati

Well, shouldn't the One X dock also work for the EvoLTE?

Someone tried it in another forum but it didn't fit right. I have a cheapie case similar to a Case Mate "barely there" mated to a SoundgateM2 mount in my car.