Tapatalk or Forum Runner?

Odell

I currently use Forum Runner but I am wondering if Tapatalk gives a better experience. The main thing I dislike about Forum Runner is that it doesn't seem to allow zoom when viewing attached images. The navigation also seems a little clunky to me.

Has anyone tried both, and if so, which would you recommend?

• Like 1

I have only used Tapatalk 2. It does let you zoom images though. Touch image and it "hovers" above post and you can zoom in. Tapatalk back on my EVO 4G LTE and it closes.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I currently use Forum Runner but I am wondering if Tapatalk gives a better experience. The main thing I dislike about Forum Runner is that it doesn't seem to allow zoom when viewing attached images. The navigation also seems a little clunky to me.

Has anyone tried both, and if so, which would you recommend?

I like Forum Runner better. Tapatalk has a bug that makes it difficult to access Sponsor forums. It prompts you for a password. The ability to zoom images is an advantage I was not aware of.

I like your new auto signature. Awesome!!!

Robert

• Like 1

I have only used Tapatalk 2. It does let you zoom images though. Touch image and it "hovers" above post and you can zoom in. Tapatalk back on my EVO 4G LTE and it closes.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I like Forum Runner better. Tapatalk has a bug that makes it difficult to access Sponsor forums. It prompts you for a password. The ability to zoom images is an advantage I was not aware of.

Robert

Thanks guys. I guess I will stay with Forum Runner since I do access Sponsor forums on the go and I have random passwords so I don't want to have to open LastPass everytime I try to go into a Sponsor area.

Robert

Thanks! I saw twospirits sig and it reminded me of how I and a lot of other guys used to do it over at Android Forums. It can help answer many questions before they're even asked.

I guess I will stay with Forum Runner since I do access Sponsor forums on the go and I have random passwords so I don't want to have to open LastPass everytime I try to go into a Sponsor area.

The worst part of the bug, is it doesn't matter what password you enter, it won't let you in! :scratch:

Robert

Tapatalk person here. I just couldn't get over that white background they forced on you forever. I hate white background apps. It makes it so hard to read in the dark. I know forum runner has a dark profile now but I have everything I need in tapatalk.

Also speaking of the sponsor area issue, you can still access the area when you hit new threads, participated, etc. All I ever use is the new threads button anyways here so I never noticed it.

Is getjar still giving tapatalk away for free?

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

The worst part of the bug' date=' is it doesn't matter what password you enter, it won't let you in! :scratch:

Robert[/quote']

Twospirits posted a while back that if you add "the S4GRU club" to your favorites, you can access them without that pesky password prompt.

As far as which one I prefer, I am starting to come around and warm up to forum runner. I was almost 100% Tapatalk, but forum runner feels like a better program. Tapatalk is wonky at times and Robert has told me that they are not very supportive because the site supports both programs. I do like the way Tapatalk has a widget, and I like how it will show all the threads with new posts.

I'm on the fence right now, but due to Tapatalk trying to force the site to drop forum runner support, I am giving forum runner a long look...

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

Twospirits posted a while back that if you add "the S4GRU club" to your favorites, you can access them without that pesky password prompt.

As far as which one I prefer, I am starting to come around and warm up to forum runner. I was almost 100% Tapatalk, but forum runner feels like a better program. Tapatalk is wonky at times and Robert has told me that they are not very supportive because the site supports both programs. I do like the way Tapatalk has a widget, and I like how it will show all the threads with new posts.

I'm on the fence right now, but due to Tapatalk trying to force the site to drop forum runner support, I am giving forum runner a long look...

I see you're using forum runner on CM9. Do you get the option to upload pictures to your posts? I don't on either my Epic with CM9 or my acer tablet which is running ICS 4.0.3. Wasn't sure if it was just my phone or a problem with forum runner on ICS.

I see you're using forum runner on CM9. Do you get the option to upload pictures to your posts? I don't on either my Epic with CM9 or my acer tablet which is running ICS 4.0.3. Wasn't sure if it was just my phone or a problem with forum runner on ICS.

Try it again. I changed the settings the other day in IP Board that was accidentally blocking members from uploading anything to most forums. It wasn't a Forum Runner issue, it was a Robert issue. :)

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Try it again. I changed the settings the other day in IP Board that was accidentally blocking members from uploading anything to most forums. It wasn't a Forum Runner issue, it was a Robert issue. :) Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Well look at that. There's now an "attachments" button. Thanks.

• Like 1

OK, so I have been using forum runner for a while to try to get used to forum runner instead of tapatalk. Today, I tried uploading a photo with forum runner and got the error "error attaching file: upload_too_big"

What is the deal? Is it something in the settings? Am I dumb?

Edit: apparently it had to be set on the lowest size...

Edited by pyroscott

OK' date=' so I have been using forum runner for a while to try to get used to forum runner instead of tapatalk. Today, I tried uploading a photo with forum runner and got the error "error attaching file: upload_too_big"

What is the deal? Is it something in the settings? Am I dumb?[/quote']

Hmmm. I've never had that issue before.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Hmmm. I've never had that issue before.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Works now...

ForumRunner_20120620_232736.png

[ATTACH]64[/ATTACH]