Galaxy Nexus Tempered Glass Screen Protector

pyroscott

XGear is apparently developing a tempered glass screen protector for the GNex. I have seen glass screen protectors for the iPhone, but not any other phones. It's a pretty steep $31 with shipping even after a $5 coupon (enter nexusftw)

Anyone ever used a glass screen protector? Is it worth it? I would have to think that would be your best bet if you want to have the brilliance of a "naked" screen without the danger of permanently scratching the screen.

Maybe if you live around a beach or something with lots of sand... but outside of sand rubbing into the glass, it's pretty tough to scratch.

Back in the day of resistive touch displays and plastic covers, screen protectors made a lot of sense... now with gorilla glass I think the scenarios that people need the extra protection have gone down.

I went screen-protector free shortly after the original EVO came out - haven't scratched glass yet :)

Maybe if you live around a beach or something with lots of sand... but outside of sand rubbing into the glass, it's pretty tough to scratch.

Back in the day of resistive touch displays and plastic covers, screen protectors made a lot of sense... now with gorilla glass I think the scenarios that people need the extra protection have gone down.

I went screen-protector free shortly after the original EVO came out - haven't scratched glass yet :)

I somehow got a small scratch in my screen already. And I had one on my E4GT. Keys, while technically not as hard as glass, can still scratch a screen if they scrape just right.

Yes, the old plastic screens were TERRIBLE for scratches.

Tip for you, Keep keys in another pocket. :)

I got a screen protector for my Nexus, its awful, but it was $1 for 6.

Yes...I try. And successful most of the time. But it only takes once...

Robert

I've never heard what the brand name is, but it is fortified glass of some kind, but I don't think it's quite as good as Gorilla Glass. Prior to my GNex I've had 3 other smart phones, all with Gorilla Glass and none of them scratched and I didn't use a screen protector. I've only had this GNex about a month and have already developed a minor scratch. I'm thinking I may start using a protector but it'd be a shame to cover up this beautiful screen with anything that wasn't completely invisible.

I've never heard what the brand name is' date=' but it is fortified glass of some kind, but I don't think it's quite as good as Gorilla Glass. Prior to my GNex I've had 3 other smart phones, all with Gorilla Glass and none of them scratched and I didn't use a screen protector. I've only had this GNex about a month and have already developed a minor scratch. I'm thinking I may start using a protector but it'd be a shame to cover up this beautiful screen with anything that wasn't completely invisible.[/quote']

I always had a screen protector on my HTC Zero, but when I got an EVO 3D, I went without the protection (except when using the otterbox) and never had a scratch. I only had that for a few months though. I had a E4GT, and had 1 small scratch. Then with the nexus, I had a scratch and small chip within a couple months, then I had a warranty replacement, and have a small scratch on the replacement.

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner