SeanK_

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

I think the "reception" is good to be honest, it's pretty close to an Apple 6s.  It doesn't cling to band 41 like the Note 5 "did" when it first came out though. My experiences are......

1. The Note 7 finds LTE sooner than the Note 5, but it also drops it just a hair quicker too.  

2. I think 3G is a lot better/stronger on the Note 7

3. Switches between LTE and 3G a lot quicker than the Note 5.

• Like 1

Studying the radio habits of the Note 7 is becoming like evaluating a fine wine.  :P

• Like 2

If anyone signs up for Samsung Pay for the first time. Enter this code: EBA321 and you'll get $5 visa prepaid card and I'll also get $5.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

1a36d345718a6be81248824e4d69cb6e.jpgMy unit is here!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Nice, now to testing! :rasp:

• Like 2

I got my note 5 right here

• Like 1

I got my note 5 right here

Did we ever get a ERP/EIRP report for the note 7?  I'm planning to take advantage of the best buy $20 loyalty credit offer to "early upgrade" 2 of my lines

Immediately noticing it does not like band 41. Thats not good. The note 5 is connected to band 41 much more often. It is about 3-4 dbm better on band 25 and 26 though. I hope a software update will fix this.

• Like 1

Did you get yours at the Sprint store? I'm thinking about getting this phone in the next week or two. 

Did you get yours at the Sprint store? I'm thinking about getting this phone in the next week or two.

Yeah. I had the manager let me know when blue came in. I got the only shippment this week that had a blue one in it. Nice when you know people

Let us know how is the signal compared to the Note 5.

I got my Note 5 replacement last weekend and still see 3G several times a day but doesn't hold on to it for 10 minutes like my last Note 5 did after the MM update.

Immediately noticing it does not like band 41. Thats not good. The note 5 is connected to band 41 much more often. It is about 3-4 dbm better on band 25 and 26 though. I hope a software update will fix this.

That's not good. :(

That's not good. :(

Ok so it actually better than I though but its 2-3 dbm weaker on b41 than the note 5 but definitely better on the other 2 bands. Also its lte speeds on band 41 trumps the note 5 in all testing. My galaxy s7 dod too so thats no surprise.

Now all of a sudden its hold band 41 like a champ. Ill give it a few days. We only have 1 band 41 tower within 30 miles so bare with me. Lucky for me its most places I go.

Does it look for B41 first like the Note 5? Do you have B41 CA where you are located? 

Now all of a sudden its hold band 41 like a champ. Ill give it a few days. We only have 1 band 41 tower within 30 miles so bare with me. Lucky for me its most places I go.

Lucky! Cause mine doesn't, it's weak at holding B41. I'm giving it a few more days to see if things change

Lucky! Cause mine doesn't, it's weak at holding B41. I'm giving it a few more days to see if things change

Im posting some side by side comparisons

• Like 2

You are in Atlanta correct? If so your market is actually well covered with B41, here we still have a lot of B41 Voids.

Do you like the curved edges? Please let us know about your comparisons.

Do you like the curved edges? Please let us know about your comparisons.

The edges are so subtle that its like the display is bezeless.

• Like 1

I read a free reports from people that if you used smart switch to move data over from your old phone that it might be the reason for signal issues, including wifi. Only way to fix it is to do a factory reset, and don't use Smart switch. After the factory reset people have stated they see an improvement. Just use Samsung cloud to restore your data.

I'm seeing issues also with my Note 7, where I'm on Wi-Fi, and then disconnect I show a good signal but have no data. Sometimes airplane mode fixes, other times a restart is needed. There's also times where I see a discrepancy between my Note 4, and Note 7 signal wise to.

I would do a hard reset but i have a replacement phone in its way for another issue. With the new i will not use Samsung's Smartswitch app.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I hope so too, Terrell. I remember back when I was considering the Note 5 and asking you among others if the band 41 was better than the FCC reports, and you and a few others here replied yes. While I didn't end up getting the Note 5, I was considering getting the Note 7, but again passed on it, with this time my deciding to waiting for the LG V20.

Its sad the band 41 rf isn't so good this time around. Hopefully it'll get better though.

• Like 1

I hope so too, Terrell. I remember back when I was considering the Note 5 and asking you among others if the band 41 was better than the FCC reports, and you and a few others here replied yes. While I didn't end up getting the Note 5, I was considering getting the Note 7, but again passed on it, with this time my deciding to waiting for the LG V20.

Its sad the band 41 rf isn't so good this time around. Hopefully it'll get better though.

Well from what I see its not a bad rf performer but it prefers band 25 over band 41 for some reason. I can still see a really good band 41 signal but it will not change. The note 5 holds on to band 41 so much better but is weaker on band 25. Band 26 on both devices are about equal. Maybe slightly better on the note 7. Also I notice my note 7 always has better speed test results than the note 5. I was in walmart early this morning and my note 7 was on band 41 maybe 15% of the time while the note 5 was on band 41 around 85% of the time. I was shocked. At my house the difference is not as much. But the note 5 definitely without a doubt is better at switching and staying on band 41. Maybe a software update will correct this.

• Like 2

Battery life on the note 7 is stellar. Easily better than the note 5 but my note 5 is a year old now and battery performance is not as good as when I first got it. Also I can't believe how ugly the note 5 looks compared to the note 7. The note 7 feels better than any phone I have ever held in my life. The curved back and front was genius. The Iris scanner works better than expected but fingerprint is the way to go. Also the note 7 has a faster fingerprint scanner. Side by side comparison proves it.

• Like 1

You are in Atlanta correct? If so your market is actually well covered with B41, here we still have a lot of B41 Voids.

Nope Ocala Fl. We only have one band 41 tower in the entire county.

• Like 1