Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Sorry if this is off topic, but I was just wondering what spectrum the carriers in Sacramento have licenses for. The FCC website is somewhat confusing, but this is what I understand from it (I only listed the paired uplink frequencies):

PCS:

1850-1860 - Sprint

1865-1877.5 - at&t

1877.5-1885 - T-Mobile

1885-1890 - Verizon

1890-1905 - T-Mobile

1905-1910 - at&t

1910-1915 - Sprint

1915-1920 -Dish

AWS: 

1710-1730 - Verizon

1730-1735 - at&t

1735-1755 - T-Mobile

700:

798-704 - T-Mobile

704-716 - at&t

716-722(unpaired) - at&t

722-728(upaired) - Echostar

SMR/CLR

816-824 - Sprint

824-835/845-846.5 - at&t

835-845/846.5-849 - Verizon

BRS/EBS 

?? - Sprint

I had trouble understanding the BRS/EBS licenses in this market from the FCC page. Also, the PCS/AWS seems to be all over the place with overlapping frequencies with carriers, so I tried making sense of it, but please correct me if I am wrong! Thanks!

BRS/EBS

?? - Sprint

I had trouble understanding the BRS/EBS licenses in this market from the FCC page. Also, the PCS/AWS seems to be all over the place with overlapping frequencies with carriers, so I tried making sense of it, but please correct me if I am wrong! Thanks!

Sprint has EBS through Sac State and local community colleges i believe.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I was just wondering what spectrum the carriers in Sacramento have licenses for. The FCC website is somewhat confusing, but this is what I understand from it (I only listed the paired uplink frequencies):

PCS:

1850-1860 - Sprint

1865-1877.5 - at&t

1877.5-1885 - T-Mobile

1885-1890 - Verizon

1890-1905 - T-Mobile

1905-1910 - at&t

1910-1915 - Sprint

1915-1920 -Dish

AWS: 

1710-1730 - Verizon

1730-1735 - at&t

1735-1755 - T-Mobile

700:

798-704 - T-Mobile

704-716 - at&t

716-722(unpaired) - at&t

722-728(upaired) - Echostar

SMR/CLR

816-824 - Sprint

824-835/845-846.5 - at&t

835-845/846.5-849 - Verizon

BRS/EBS 

?? - Sprint

Here's Sprints: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3476-network-visionlte-upper-central-valley-market-sacramento-stockton-redding-eureka-renolake-tahoe/?p=357893

Also there's no overlap. The blocks are just adjacent to each other and the carriers have to implement guard bands between their spectrum to limit interference between each other. 

I was doing 81Mbps in West Sac this morning and the Speedtest app crashed. I couldn't get those speeds again in subsequent tests.

Spark is too fast.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Where exactly. I work there and I wana find it and test it.

b320d7478fc579574333674b73169e03.jpgf1671db94af2678f009b4f62b90f4fd9.jpg

Sweet!

I got this sitting in the Valero parking lot at Riverside and Kirby in Roseville. I also noticed i had near-full to full bars on this one so Im guessing the tower is right there, maybe that short tower there at the storage units?

post-20781-0-85126300-1418663349_thumb.jpg

I was looking through the data settings on my phone and noticed there is an LTE band priority setting; 1st band 25, 2nd band 26, 3rd band 41. Is this something best left as is?

That's just scan priority. The network determines which band you connect to.

From Kaiser hospital on Morse Ave all the way to Truxel/80, I was able to watch the newest episode of Shark Tank live the whole trip home. The HD stream never dropped, buffered or froze. We watched the entire episode nonstop in HD over LTE, primarily on city streets.

From Morse we cruised down Alta Arden and merged onto Arden. Jumped on the 160 and exited Canterbury. Cut across Arden Way and Del Paso, cruising on El Camino for a few blocks. Then headed north on Norwood until we turned west on Silver Eagle/San Juan and flew past Truxel. Many neighborhoods and traffic traffic traffic. No congestion on the Spark highway, however.

Nonstop Live HD streaming the whole way via the Xfinity TV Go app. I can get used to this. This was better than speed testing and Sensorly mapping. Wife was super stoked Sprint was that reliable, and it took the whole episode to get home from the hospital.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

• Like 3

Hello All,

I got a Galaxy Note 4 before Thanksgiving.  My ability to get LTE has improved over my HTC One (M7), but I'm not sure that I am getting a Spark signal yet.  Today I was in the car (with someone else driving!) from Woodland to downtown Sacto and I never left "310120".  If I understand correctly, this code is for the non-Spark bands (bands 25 & 26, Spark being band 41).  Should I have had a Spark signal during the drive?

Additionally, is there an app that tells me which band I am on?  Some folks have posted screenshots that appear to be of apps that have this functionality - I haven't seen it in Sensorly or Ookla.  What are the apps called that can show the band number?

Thanks for all of you help.  I am going to donate now to become a sponsor again (I lapsed).

JK

Hello All,

I got a Galaxy Note 4 before Thanksgiving.  My ability to get LTE has improved over my HTC One (M7), but I'm not sure that I am getting a Spark signal yet.  Today I was in the car (with someone else driving!) from Woodland to downtown Sacto and I never left "310120".  If I understand correctly, this code is for the non-Spark bands (bands 25 & 26, Spark being band 41).  Should I have had a Spark signal during the drive?

Additionally, is there an app that tells me which band I am on?  Some folks have posted screenshots that appear to be of apps that have this functionality - I haven't seen it in Sensorly or Ookla.  What are the apps called that can show the band number?

Thanks for all of you help.  I am going to donate now to become a sponsor again (I lapsed).

JK

Samsung devices have software bugs that prevent it from correctly identifying which bands you're connected to on all the apps that deal with signal and identification and etc. You'll need to enter the engineering screen and look at Band # to find out as the spinning Spark icon just denotes you're connected to Sprints network. 

The apps to have are Signalcheck Pro, LTE Discovery, and Sensorly (for mapping). 

Signalcheck Pro is a must as Mike (the developer on this forum) has begun implementing a  new method to identify what bands you're connected to for Samsung devices on his Beta builds (which I have access to). Looks extremely promising so far on the S4T I mess with and he's plenty active on the forums here in his little corner