GSlll on Samsung site

legion125

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 29 January 2012

Although this info is already out, I will make a bold prediction about this. Since Sammy is reducing its model line up, I see the GSlll being introduced either at MWC or later this spring (no surprise there). However, when it is released it will be world wide with the same design. No longer will the U.S. carriers get their own individual version. Sure there may be some individual differentiation by region spec wise, but on the whole, what Asia & Europe get, we get. Sprint will get this around the time it flips the switch on LTE. You heard it here first!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/27/did-the-galaxy-s-iii-just-pop-up-on-samsungs-support-site/

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 29 January 2012

I also saw something about Samsung coming out with an epic 2. Could be the model number for that. I sure hope it is the galaxy 3 though

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 30 January 2012

It looks like there may be two phones. If true, the Epic 2 will replace the current OG Epic and it will have a keyboard.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 30 January 2012

I pretty much figured that the Epic Touch was the replacement for the OG Epic. I guess Samsung is following HTC in the Sprint line up. Where HTC created a flagship replacement to the Evo with the Evo 3D and a midrange similar spec replacement with the Evo Design.

So I guess Samsung is following suit with the Epic Touch as the Flagship replacement to the Epic, and the Epic 2 as the midrange similar spec replacement?

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 31 January 2012

If the Epic 2 comes out it I would like to see Samsung do the same thing it did with the OG Epic and NS4G. Both were the same specs except for Touchwiz on the Epic w/ a keyboard and vanilla Android with a touch screen for the NS4G. Motorola has done the same thing with the RAZR and Droid 4, so there is some precedent.

If samsung is smart, The new epic 2 will be on I c s from the beginning. It will drive sales if it is an early adopter.

I agree, thats why I don't think we will see it at least till April/May if you build in the developer time frame to get ICS plugged in and working w/ Touchwiz.

I wouldn't mind them getting it working without TouchWiz! :D

Sent from Tapatalk App