Clearwire Sells Belgium Operations To TechMax

4GHoward

Does anybody know if the cablecos have sold off their Clearwire holdings? I would like to see them offer some fixed modem internet access. I would not mind having them as a a backup internet provider for my wife's office.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Cool find! Been there since 2018 according to Cellmapper. The only other time I've seen them leave up a temp site like this for a long period of time was when a nearby site is temporarily inoperable like the one in Red Hook Houses. That doesn't seem to be the case here and it's pretty much a GMO site at this point. My best guess is that T-Mobile wanted to put a site there to fill in coverage but because it's on LGA's grounds getting the actual permission to do so is extremely complex so they worked out a deal with the Port Authority to put up a COW in the meantime.  
    • Would this be a T-Mobile COW outside LGA Terminal A? eNB 49106 seems to line up to its position, plus the arm for the trailer to hook onto a truck says T-Mobile. Here is the NYC streetcar view the image was pulled from.     For all the years I have been monitoring the DAS, I have never gotten -55 or better, even after passing by every antenna in a station that is deep enough to have 0 outside macros reaching in. The SNR is still 20+, so its probably designed that way on purpose.
    • From a few days back: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/deutsche-telekom-aims-50-t-mobile-ownership-2024 DT Chief Executive Timotheus Hoettgas said buying the majority stake in T-Mobile US was the group's most important strategic project at present, according to Reuters. He said that stake should top 50% much sooner than its previous projection of 2024. Earlier this year, DT paid $2.4 billion to SoftBank Group to increase its stake in T-Mobile US to 48.4%.
    • 5.9GHz finally approved by a court: https://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/court-upholds-fccs-decision-59-ghz.  This should be added to 5GHz wi-fi.  considering wi-fi 7 will be included in the qualcomm x70 and related SOCs, doubtful they will be able to add this now, unless designed to be added later.  5.9GHz will given us a third 160MHz unique carrier iirc, a major improvement.
    • waiting for about 400 with demand > supply, or 95% to look again in some detail.  Until then : https://www.sashajavid.com/FCC_Auction108.php#county_details_table_overlay