ICS for NS4G - Sprint build coming soon.

legion125

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 1 February 2012

yea, i got the Nexus S 4G for my parents about 8 mos ago. Their first smartphone. They are just now getting the hang of it. I'm curious to see how they react when this thing updates to Android 4.0.4, ICS. lol

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 1 February 2012

Finally. Been waiting for this for awhile. ever since 3g nexus got its update. Running ICS on my nexus s 4g right now, and everything works fine, but the battery does die fast.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 2 February 2012

Flashed it to my wife's phone last night. So far so good. Only problem that I noticed immediately is that her live wallpapers do not stay after a reboot.

I heard last night that Sammy took it off the site ( I guess they didn't want it leaked yet). Are you talking about the CM9 Alpha build or the mirror that XDA flashed from Samsung? The XDA mirror is suppose to be from the stock ROM. Just want to make sure all the bugs are worked out before I try it. if not I will wait for the OTA.

The mirror from XDA. The how-to video has links to the needed files

Link:

It took about ten minutes to set up and Odin finished in about 3 minutes. The only problem I had was getting to download mode since I hadn't unlocked the bootloader yet. But once I got all the files downloaded to do that it only took a couple minutes.