Viet Nam Roaming Experience

PedroDaGr8

Roaming in Viet Nam has been interesting to say the least. I'm not sure whether its the fact I'm on the Samsung Beta (stupid move on my part) or it's a network issue but sometimes my phone just won't connect to the network without a couple of restarts. As a result, it will sometimes hop between carriers after a restart. So far, I've roamed on three of the four carriers (% of time on each): Viettel (70%), VinaPhone (25%), and MobiPhone(5%). LTE coverage has been nearly ubiquitous, even in rural areas. I literally only legitamtely lost LTE coverage once and that was in the middle of the mountains in the highlands near Da Lat where it dropped down to 3G. I haven't done a speed test yet to conserve data but one nice thing is my data counter reset in the middle of this trip, so I've had more than enough data to cover my needs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I'm not sure whether its the fact I'm on the Samsung Beta (stupid move on my part) or it's a network issue but sometimes my phone just won't connect to the network without a couple of restarts. 

Samsung just responded to my error report and stated this would be fixed in the third beta. So clearly, this is a beta issue.

• Like 1