Is Sprint now blocking 3rd party DNS?

jjschind

When using hotspot or tethering, and using Cloudfare or google DNS servers, I can no longer resolve most web addresses. But Sprint's DNS servers resolve addresses just fine. Is it just me or are others having the same issue?

When using hotspot or tethering, and using Cloudfare or google DNS servers, I can no longer resolve most web addresses. But Sprint's DNS servers resolve addresses just fine. Is it just me or are others having the same issue?
Sprint has always intercepted DNS and redirected it to their server. It's impossible to actually use a third party DNS unless you use DNS over TLS or DNS over HTTPS. Or use a VPN. So it sounds like maybe something is broken with their redirection.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That makes sense. Didn't know they forced everybody to use their own DNS. I guess I'll have to start using a vpn all the time now.
If you use Android, you can go into the settings and force DNS over TLS by specifying a server.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1