Hello All

ScipioUSA

Good Evening All.

Wanted to say hello, and to say that Im immediately out of my depth.  Having slunk around some threads here, I dont know what half of it means.

I joined mostly because Ive been with Sprint 14 years or so, and wanted to get a better grip on the service in my area.  I also had a very specific question for those in the know, but didnt know where to post it.  Ill start here, and if you can let me know a better spot, I would appreciate it.

So service at my home has never been great, but has seemingly gotten worse over the past few months.  I also just recently upgraded to an Essential PH-1 due to some issues with an older LG handset, and I know it isnt know for signal strength.  On a whim, I checked out the Sprint coverage map, and it has me blanketed in the best 4G data and voice signal that they have.  But that is very much not the case in my house.  It doesnt get much better outside, so Im wondering if there is something up with a tower upgrade, or if the maps or wrong, or if something else is askew.  Can anyone here shed any light on anything?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome!

Maps are generally "theoretical" based on a whole sleuth of what came by summed up as black magic (RF is weird) so it's always a YMMV.

The biggest issue is the essential phone you got only exacerbated what issues as it has one of the worst if not worst RF performances on any devices I've ever experienced. If your old signal was weak already then it' may just be non existent with a worse RF performing device. In that case your only alternative is using WiFI or getting a LTE Femto Cell (Magic Box / Airave 4) in a few weeks when they become available. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Was able to install the March 1 Android security patch. Seems slightly more accurate with 5g ca band id, but can not swear by it. Updated google play system update through the software information screen to March 1. *#73# still works. Froze updates waiting on SCP update beta to fix n41 showing as n38.
    • Just installed it. Thanks for the info.  71 mb mar 1st date.
    • There's a permit for a new 47 story building at 205 Montague St in Downtown Brooklyn. The problem is that  T-Mobile eNB 48352 is on the building next door and this new building will block two out of 3 sectors of the site. For reference, the new building will be roughly as tall as 16 Court St which is right across the street. This site is the primary site covering Cadman Plaza so I wonder what the plan is. Will they just try to change sector placement, move to a different building, or will this just speed up the conversion of the Sprint site at 25 Monroe Place?
    • At least not recently.  I think I might have seen this a year ago.  Not Sure.
    • Did they previously hop between n38 and n41 in prior version of SCP, or have you always seen n41 displayed properly?